The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lotusx
i suppose it'd be a bit of a downer at open days...
"We can't be arsed reading your personal statements or your references if you apply. Therefore, unless you have 8 or more A*s, you might as well sod off now. Thank you, goodbye :biggrin:"
:wink: interesting.
@Well_Hello: :s-smilie: how is birmingham a joke?

It'd be revolutionary!

They'll never do it though... too politically correct and will keep coming up with these excuses; "we are firm believers that GCSEs are excellent indicators of degree performance and ultimately ability within medicine. Over the years we have correlated data with other data to prove the previous statement. It is not due to us being too lazy to spend real time filtering applicants."
Reply 41
Degausser
Kinkerz, Im mean no offence here as you seem like a nice guy, but why do you always insist on starting an argument on pedantics? This isnt about this thread in particular, but it seems your more interested in looking clever than actually being right.

Could you enlighten me as to where exactly I was being pedantic?

I like to express my opinion, much like the vast majority of TSR users.

I haven't started any arguments...
Reply 42
Kinkerz
It'd be revolutionary!

They'll never do it though... too politically correct and will keep coming up with these excuses; "we are firm believers that GCSEs are excellent indicators of degree performance and ultimately ability within medicine. Over the years we have correlated data with other data to prove the previous statement. It is not due to us being too lazy to spend real time filtering applicants."

HA. shame.
although i suppose that in a way, it's good for applicants because it does kinda give you an indication as to whether you're closer to getting an interview/place.
Reply 43
lotusx
HA. shame.
although i suppose that in a way, it's good for applicants because it does kinda give you an indication as to whether you're closer to getting an interview/place.

That is an advantage...

I knew not to apply to Newcastle due to my UKCAT failure. Knew not to apply to Birmingham due to my devilishly-mediocre GCSE results. I'd have wasted spots applying to either of them.

Bravo Birmingcastle :biggrin:
Kinkerz
jack252
I only had one A* at GCSE and I had a bristol interview on thursday...

Read my post again in context. Perhaps with a touch more concentration.

Kinkerz
Nicolish
Ah it doesnt seem for me.....
too much emphasis on group work maybe and intergrated seems to suit me more.

Yeah I know I haven't really justified my answer.....

So in that multi-disciplinary team of the NHS, where "group" work is pretty imperative, you'll just play the solitude card?

Blah blah. Anyway, i dont want to get into an argument, just needed to ask.
Reply 45
Birmingcastle! Good word, there.
Meh. OP, if you want a totally biased view (because I haven't seen Bristol), Birmingham uni is lovely. it's all red brick and green and pretty :smile: i loved it!
Reply 46
lotusx
Meh. OP, if you want a totally biased view (because I haven't seen Bristol), Birmingham uni is lovely. it's all red brick and green and pretty :smile: i loved it!

:yep: agreed
Reply 47
Degausser
Blah blah. Anyway, i dont want to get into an argument, just needed to ask.

But that's not being pedantic. Nor have any arguments been induced from them.
Kinkerz
But that's not being pedantic. Nor have any arguments been induced from them.

Ok, so pedantic isnt the word, but your arguments are often not really justified, like you just feel the need to be right whether or not you actaully are.

Anyway, im out.
Reply 49
Degausser
Ok, so pedantic isnt the word, but your arguments are often not really justified, like you just feel the need to be right whether or not you actaully are.

Anyway, im out.

Look at how that panned out though:
Kinkerz
Nicolish
Never said anything about anti-group work. I said the course has too much emphasis on group work as opposed to intergraded. When I'm in pre-clinical I want more lectures when I'm getting my foundation knowledge on which everything else is based. I would feel more confident.
Why? Because in my crap school I've had bad experiences of group work.
As for working...
thats 1. Totally different 2. 5+ years away - plenty of time to change views.

Fair enough. Just what I interpreted from your post.

I think that finished without me having to be right.
:tongue:
Kinkerz
Look at how that panned out though:

I think that finished without me having to be right.

I think you just proved my point. You made your own interpretation to make yourself seem right, and it turned out to not be right atall :tongue:
Reply 51
Degausser
:tongue:

I think you just proved my point. You made your own interpretation to make yourself seem right, and it turned out to not be right atall :tongue:

Well explain to me then!

You said that I always had to be right, and you quoted me making a potentially conflict-creating post. I then quoted how that ended, with me accepting that I may have been wrong. I think that shows that I don't always have to be right. No?

(PS: This post surely can't be classed as ironic and hypocritical. Surely!)
Dont worry about it, I dont feel like adding more personal debate to this subforum. :shakehand: :borat:
lotusx

OK, good good. Birmingham's looking likely right now, unless I suddenly et a change of heart or somehow do amazingly well on the UKCAT! :rolleyes:
Reply 54
Birmingham is amazing! (completely unbiased:rolleyes:)
To those of you who are saying it's a joke, shame on you! :tongue:
Reply 55
when did you receive your offer for bham ? ;p

Latest

Trending

Trending