The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Time taken from York Station to the University

Hi,

In a few weeks time I am coming up to the University to participate in a conference. Is it possible for somebody to tell me how long it takes via bus and/or taxi to get from the station to the University?

And also, what time I have to leave / what bus and time would I have to catch in order to be at the station to catch a 1720 train (giving time to get through the station crowds etc.)?

Cheers
Reply 1
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=805116

1720 is rush hour, so I'd give yourself a bit longer.
University of York
York
Reply 2
laser
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=805116

1720 is rush hour, so I'd give yourself a bit longer.

So it takes approx 35-45 minutes without rush hour to go from University to the station? So with rush hour, I'd be looking at catching a bus circa 1620/1630ish?
Reply 3
purplefrog
So it takes approx 35-45 minutes without rush hour to go from University to the station? So with rush hour, I'd be looking at catching a bus circa 1620/1630ish?

To be on the safe side, yep. You might get there too early, but if you're booked on a specific train with one of those tickets that means you must use that train, it's probably worth the risk.
Reply 4
35-45 mins without rush hour? What?! I'd say 20 mins without rush hour, but rush hour can make it up to 45, yeah. I'd still leave at half four to catch that train though, just because it's better to be there early.
Reply 5
There's loads of buses, and like everyone said, it CAN take a long time, it just depends, but yea, half four seems good.

As for when you arrive at York and need a bus to uni, the FTR that goes to the uni is in an island in the middle of the road (by itself I think). Come out the station and go straight ahead at the crossing. You'll see the island, you need to cross a pedestrian crossing to get to it.
Reply 6
How long would it take to walk it?
Reply 7
I've never done it, but I would *guess* around an hour.
Reply 8
So it's about 4 miles then?
Reply 9
It takea round 35 mins to walk from the station to vanbrugh college

i did it the other day
Reply 10
psiren
It takea round 35 mins to walk from the station to vanbrugh college

i did it the other day
Oh that's more like what I was expecting.

Latest

Trending

Trending