The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ermm.. your friend is wrong. So very wrong.
Reply 2
What's medisix? If it's anything like Medlink then no, it will not help in the slightest except to get mugged by some Shottingham gangster.

Bitterness/
Reply 3
*refers Hippysnake to myth busting thread*

Your friend... is an idiot.
Reply 4
Not a chance. They're events designed to squeeze money out of you, and they've done a damn good job of it too. Don't go.
your friend is... wrong
Reply 6
It's not even associated with Nottingham medical school.
To sum up: No,

If anything it'd be a waste of space on a personal statement, AND its not even based at the med school, it's mostly on campus...
Reply 8
I'm not really terribly upto going either. I'd much rather stay at home and spend the weekend playing Resident Evil 5.
Reply 9
Niet.
Hippysnake
I'm not really terribly upto going either. I'd much rather stay at home and spend the weekend playing Resident Evil 5.

Cant say Resident Evil 5 is gonna help you get into medical school either, to be honest.
Degausser
Cant say Resident Evil 5 is gonna help you get into medical school either, to be honest.

Can't help you any less than Medlink though...
Degausser

Cheaper than Medisix too
Witty Username
Can't help you any less than Medlink though...

Ooh i dunno, hopeless role play whilst not having a clue what you're doing helped me no end!

Alex L
Cheaper than Medisix too

Very true. i think we've come up with a conclusion here - If you need help getting into Medical school... Buy Resident Evil 5.

A true 'top gear' conclusion that.
Reply 14
Degausser
i think we've come up with a conclusion here - If you need help getting into Medical school... Buy Resident Evil 5.

HOT DAMN. I'LL TAKE 8.
no.
Your friend has been scammed if he's officially been told that (which I doubt). Tell him it's a waste of money and he should get some work experience instead to see what medicine's like.
Reply 17
Democracy
Your friend has been scammed if he's officially been told that (which I doubt). Tell him it's a waste of money and he should get some work experience instead to see what medicine's like.

He missed out on medilink earlier this year, and our rather ill informed careers advisor said that it'd be great for his application. I don't terribly need to go, I've done a week in a hospital, and am doing another 20 weeks as we speak.
Reply 18
Hippysnake
and am doing another 20 weeks as we speak.
20 weeks? Elsewhere, we call that a job.
Renal
20 weeks? Elsewhere, we call that a job.

:rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending