The Student Room Group

Any 'derogatory' terms for the students at the 'other' uni...?

I meant Oxford students; 800 years to get over the fact that some brilliant Theologians fled Oxonian arrogance, insecurity and trumped-up self-esteem to form a much more beautiful, spacious and inspiring university a few miles away which proved to be much greater than the sum of what those Theologians left behind....and they have the nerve to call us 'Filthy Tabs'?!

*Shudders*

We have something to throw back at that feeble attempt at a label, don't we?

Seriously though, this isn't entirely about the Boat Race... Oxford and its students are really nice in their own right (well, a few...), but as Cambridge is fast becoming a most beautiful and enticing mistress to me and one I prize above all others, you have to understand how I live to defend my honour and pride when Oxford students belittle what I treasure so much.

*Hides secret CUSU invasion plans on Oxford*
Reply 1
Nah, we're above that; we don't need to make ourselves feel better by calling them names, as we already know we're superior :wink:

As for the Boat Race: that Oxford cox was still so white with rage over last year (bless 'im) that he probably terrified the Oxford crew into rowing with superhuman strength!

That and I went to watch it last year and couldn't even see it on t'telly this year, which clearly made all the difference...
Reply 2
Yeah, c'mon, we should be above name-calling to make ourselves feel better. :smile:
Reply 3
I'm just a little uncomfortable refering to my Oxford friends as 'Oxonians' all the time.....
Reply 4
well you can get away with "oxons" if you want....if I must refer to them I usually use "the dark side" or something similar. But tbh let them call you a filthy tab all they want, it's just bitter envy on their part
Reply 5
Willa
well you can get away with "oxons" if you want....if I must refer to them I usually use "the dark side" or something similar. But tbh let them call you a filthy tab all they want, it's just bitter envy on their part

just traditional rivalry, lol....when will the two unis collaborate and stop whining about everything...its amusing reading the opposing posts and how tabland peops cuss oxons and vice-versa:biggrin:...get out the pop-corn.
Reply 6
collaberate?! we don't collaborate with the oxon scum....what a preposterous suggestion! :p:
Reply 7
Stewie
*Hides secret CUSU invasion plans on Oxford*

Last time I checked there was a CUSU motion to invade Scotland. Why on earth would we want Oxford?! :wink:
Ticki
Last time I checked there was a CUSU motion to invade Scotland. Why on earth would we want Oxford?! :wink:

nah - you've got that all wrong....

Scotland is invading CUSU :biggrin:
Reply 9
I find a nice little chant of "Scum, scum scum!" generally seems to suffice :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending