The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aberdeen Uni - History (and probs philosophy and politics)
Reply 21
Strathclyde for Business, prob Marketing and Finance. Need a BBC.

Failing that Caledonian for Business - C in english.

I don't think I will stay here after/if I graduate. I want to go to New York or London. Depends really.
StAndrews - History

And I'll join all the people leaving Scotland for their postgrad!
yeah, that'd be cool - am coming from the Midlands (England!), so it's a huuuuge step for me, but I'm in love with the Uni! :lovedup2:

How come you got unconditionals?
PrincessRose5
Aberdeen Uni - History (and probs philosophy and politics)

I might see you both there if I don't make my conditions. Have either of you been to visit the uni yet?
moonshine_1991
I might see you both there if I don't make my conditions. Have either of you been to visit the uni yet?

yeah - twice: on the open day last august and on the recent applicant day. Have you?

What are you applying for, and where are you living atm?
Hopefully Edinburgh to do Physical Geography and Geology if i get BB in Maths and Admin and if not Aberdeen to do MA Geog (unconditional)

I think i will be happy wherever i go but i fancy getting away from up north for a wee while, and then later i plan on going oversea :biggrin:
PrincessRose5
yeah - twice: on the open day last august and on the recent applicant day. Have you?

What are you applying for, and where are you living atm?

I haven't been and can't make the next one. I have an unconditional for history and will probably apply for accommodation in flats (I think there are flats?) as I live in Edinburgh atm. TBH I would be pretty disappointed to go to Aberdeen as I have an offer from Edinburgh to do my preferred course(Law and history).
Where will you be staying in Aberdeen?
PrincessRose5
How come you got unconditionals?

Scottish students typically have their offers made based on their Higher results, sat in fifth year. In sixth year, we do Advanced Highers - on which English universities generally base their offers to Scottish students. Offers conditional on Advanced Highers in Scotland are fairly unusual unless for direct entry to second year, skipping first year.

Because many students stay on for sixth year, for a wide variety of reasons, with the Higher results in hand, they'll get an unconditional. The exception to all of this is, of course, if their results at Higher were poorer than expected/asked for, in which case they'll need to get further results this year (at Higher or Advanced Higher level, the conversion rate between which will be decided by the university).
moonshine_1991

Where will you be staying in Aberdeen?

Hoping to either get a flat with my fiancé or a house: we're planning to move up to Abdn permanently if we get in.

Yeah, that'd be great :smile:
I would be, all that background radiation :tongue:
All I'm feeling atm is excitement :woo:
Can't believe i got an offer!
What are you nervous about particularly?
Reply 32
chemistry with maths at St. Andrews no conditions
I'm not a big drinker either but things can change! If they don't there will be plenty of people who don't drink so you won't be the only one.
same - I see you've got a weight loss ticker too - good luck!

I'm not a big drinker, and proud of it: plus I don't want mates that binge drink every night for fun.

Don't worry - there's such a wide variety of people at uni, you'll meet loads of people and be spoilt for choice!
Wowee - I would adore to be you. You're the weight I'm aiming for (and weirdly enough the same height and nearly the same age as me).

I'm sure you'll do it - you just have to want it, really want it, and then it's easy. But if you don't then it doesn't matterm cos you are sooo slim hunny!!
Yeah, I know, but I mean you're like 8 -12 now aren't you? I used to be about 8 -4 ish, but then I got a bit down and just put loads on :frown:

yeah - that'd be nice to know someone before I went :yep:
Meteorshower
I would be, all that background radiation :tongue:

Lol at your comment being ignored.
OriginofSymmetry
Lol at your comment being ignored.

I feel it's quite fitting.

Just sitting there, not being payed attention too... til bam! Radiation sickness!
HERIOT-WATT rock on!! Chemical Engineering 2010!

(possibly Imperial College London - but thats unlikely lol!)

Latest

Trending

Trending