The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Medicine at Edinburgh. No conditions, yaldy.
Reply 2
Medicine at Edinburgh - B in Human Bio, should be fine with that :smile:
Either Physics at Durham - AA in two advanced highers or Physics at St Andrews - AB in advanced highers
Meteorshower
Either Physics at Durham - AA in two advanced highers or Physics at St Andrews - AB in advanced highers

If you don't mind me asking, what attracts you to go to uni in England?
moonshine_1991
If you don't mind me asking, what attracts you to go to uni in England?

Durham is an amazing uni apparently! There's nothing in particular that attracts me to England, I just like the sounds of some universities that just happen to be there.
Meteorshower
Durham is an amazing uni apparently! There's nothing in particular that attracts me to England, I just like the sounds of some universities that just happen to be there.

Fair enough. Do you plan to come back to Scotland when you graduate?
moonshine_1991
Fair enough. Do you plan to come back to Scotland when you graduate?

I haven't decided if i'm goinhg to leave yet :tongue:

But no, i'm pretty sure i'm not going to come back to Scotland actually.
Meteorshower
I haven't decided if i'm goinhg to leave yet :tongue:

But no, i'm pretty sure i'm not going to come back to Scotland actually.

lol. I am out of here after I graduate too. Either America or Australia, I haven't quite decided yet :tongue: .
sjames06
Medicine at Edinburgh - B in Human Bio, should be fine with that :smile:

Rock on.
Reply 10
OriginofSymmetry
Rock on.

:woo: :biggrin:
Computer science at Cambridge, fingers crossed. If not, then off to Edinburgh for informatics.

(I'm another one not particularly expecting to return to Scotland; USA Postgrad here we come...)
TheUnbeliever
Computer science at Cambridge, fingers crossed. If not, then off to Edinburgh for informatics.

(I'm another one not particularly expecting to return to Scotland; USA Postgrad here we come...)

Whereabouts in the USA are you interested in?

I'd love to go to do a PHD in MIT or some place like that :smile:
Meteorshower
Whereabouts in the USA are you interested in?

I'd love to go to do a PHD in MIT or some place like that :smile:

It would depend on what I chose to go into (the theory of programming languages and computer graphics both vaguely attract me at the moment) but I'm thinking Stanford or MIT (although not for any really good reason - just that the towns strike me as nice, and the rock solid reputations, of course :tongue:). All a bit blue sky until I get my first degree out of the way, though!

Is postgrad, in general, somrthing you'd like to do?
Reply 14
Am I the only one who is approaching advanced higher course choice with no idea of what I want to study at uni in mind?! lol
glasgow uni maths :smile:
Reply 16
Nowhere at nowhere:ninja:
TheUnbeliever
It would depend on what I chose to go into (the theory of programming languages and computer graphics both vaguely attract me at the moment) but I'm thinking Stanford or MIT (although not for any really good reason - just that the towns strike me as nice, and the rock solid reputations, of course :tongue:). All a bit blue sky until I get my first degree out of the way, though!

Is postgrad, in general, somrthing you'd like to do?

Yeah I eventually want to end up in research for physics so postgrad greatly attracts me. Could change my mind in the 4 years It'll be before I (hopefully) get a masters, but i'm pretty set on it at the moment. Plan is to have a second crack of Cambridge or possibly jump ship to America.

Fun times ahead of us :tongue:
Glasgow to do Business, if I get AAB in a mix of Crash RMPS , Crash Geography and English (all Higher).
If that fails Glasgow Caledonian to do Marketing providing I get a B in Higher English OR CC including English.
Reply 19
glasgow uni psychology

Latest

Trending

Trending