The Student Room Group

A Month in Thailand

Hey guys,

Currently in Australia and I've realised I may not be able to survive here as long as I initially wanted so I'm deliberating a one month trip to Thailand.

Just wondering what a standard budget would be? I've heard you live decently for around 80 pounds a week.

Also any suggestions as to where I should go in such a short space of time?
Reply 1
Budgeting around £500 is normally sufficient. But it is just coming into low season now, so they may be lower. Obviously thats for cheap hostels, street food etc.

As for where to go depends on what you like doing. Islands down south are all good now. Ko Phi-Phi, Phang Nga, Phuket, Lanta, Samui, Chang and Tao are probably the most popular. Up north it gets hazy any time in the next few months, so if you want to do any jungle tours, or go to Chiang Mai, I'd go soon. The temperatures starting to rise lots now, but without the rains it gets very hot and humid, so unless you like heat I'd spend most of your time on beaches, Bangkok starts getting unbearable soon.
Reply 2
I'd say your looking at 15GBP per day basic + train costs + activity costs. You could do it cheaper, but then things can always be done cheaper.
Reply 3
You'll be fine. Thailand is extremely cheap. Whenever we go there we can feed about 15 of us in a resturant for about a tenner.

Latest