The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Again I'd go with the self-teach or get a tutor idea!

Im in a similar position for 3 :eek3: of my AS-Level subjects - I too am spending Easter teaching myself Physics, part of the Maths and Biology course. And my school is supposed to have good teachers! lol

Best of luck tbh - really feel for all those in a similar position! :yep:
Reply 21
teach yourself and wait. it's good oppurtunity. **** around in class (sleep, chat with mates, eat - things you'd do at home), and at home, work yo ass off
Reply 22
ive had some bad teachers over the time but not as bad as yours OP :s
the end of unit tests we do i usually get D's & E's in chemistry, the only unit we learnt by ourselves when our teacher was off sick is the only unit i got an A in
i turn into a chav for reasons i know not.
Reply 24
OP I feel your pain !!
I have had some really rubbish teachers over the last 2 years and I have been quite vocal on this forum about exactly how rubbish they have been. I have complained to both the head of the subject and the head of sixth form, as has my dad, but they just close ranks and seem to "protect their own".Realisation has finally dawned on me that unless I self teach I will fail and frankly some of my teachers couldn't give a damn either way.Some of them are sheer incompetents and if ever I do my job as poorly as some of them have done I will hang my head in shame. There are a few good ones though who still adopt the ethos that teaching is a vocation, but in my experience they are few and far between.

Good Luck .
Reply 25
We have the worst teacher ever for chemistry. At one point he even admitted he couldn't teach us the work. We don't go to his lessons anymore and all go to the library to teach ourselved the work.
Complaining doesn't really get us anywhere.
Reply 26
We've got a really crap Chemistry teacher. She's taught 1 term of A2, but has no other A Level experience. Usually teaches BTEC Science. Our whole class have been complaining to the Head of Science (incidentally our other chemistry teacher) since September. Rumour has it today that we're getting a new teacher after Easter, one with 30 odd years of experience, and this has been confirmed by said new teacher.
It took us two terms and a ****load of moaning, but we got there in the end.
I'm just afraid it's too little, too late now.
Reply 27
If you can afford it maybe you will just have to hire a private tutor.

But yeah one of my economics tutors is awful. Every lesson we would get sent up to a computer room to do a powerpoint presentation. And she makes us do games and crosswords. We're 17 for ****sake, we should be taking notes and doing questions, not filling in ******* crosswords!
Reply 28
I get my grade back this afternoon, depending on that and the comments as to WHY he has marked it how he has, I will decide if I will complain or not. The problem is he CAN be a good teacher some of the time, but a lot of the time it just feels like we're wasting. See how it goes today, i'll get my results about 2:30pm and come post back..... wish me luck :-)
How did it go?
Reply 30
How did it go - please let us know ???

Latest