The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't know what my essay's about. As in, I don't understand the question. Well, I do, sort of, but I have to do A LOT of reading. Godddd.
I once sent my tutor an email to clarify and said do you mean this or this or this? And he sent back a reply that literally said: I meant [title of essay]. Was sooo cross!!
I once got set an essay without a title or a reading list :eek3: We complained to my college tutor, who was like "Oh, we did warn you about this at interview!" and we were like "noooooooooooooooooooooooo, you didn't!" :mad: So we wailed to our junior tutor (who does all the tutorial arrangements) and she was sufficiently apologetic :yes:
I really, really, really do not like this essay. I don't understand the reading and I barely understand the question. I have 150 words and the tute is at 3. Excellent. :mad:
This is the point where you need to start sketching. Write down anything that looks relevant on bits of paper and start figuring out how you can fit them together. Then fill in the gaps with waffle
Bekaboo
This is the point where you need to start sketching. Write down anything that looks relevant on bits of paper and start figuring out how you can fit them together. Then fill in the gaps with waffle

Oh trust me, there's a lot of waffling going on. I'm just praying that I'm not the one who has to read their essay out in the tute.
Reply 3986
icysquall
Oh trust me, there's a lot of waffling going on. I'm just praying that I'm not the one who has to read their essay out in the tute.

That reminds me of the happy times of one tutor who made us both read out essays in tutes. He was appalling.
I've never had to read out an essay in a tute. If I did, I'd probs try and write better essays :biggrin:
Me either - scientists just don't seem to do it :s-smilie:

Happy birthday by the way Goaty!!
Bekaboo
Me either - scientists just don't seem to do it :s-smilie:

Happy birthday by the way Goaty!!

Thank you!!! :awesome: :woo: :awesome:

Going to Pieminister for a cheap bday lunch :woo:

:teeth: bout that chocolate shop in Bristol :teeth:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thank you!!! :awesome: :woo: :awesome:

Going to Pieminister for a cheap bday lunch :woo:

:teeth: bout that chocolate shop in Bristol :teeth:

Hehe I'm tempted to go take a look, but the website only mentions big birthday and wedding cakes and things, starting for 20 people at £4 a head. Methinks 80 quid is a bit much to spend on an everyday cake, even if it is made with the world's best sugar, 75% cocoa chocolate and soaked in port :eek:
Teebs
That reminds me of the happy times of one tutor who made us both read out essays in tutes. He was appalling.

Don't say that! Luckily in the last tute, one of my tute partners only had to read a paragraph or so. I'm just hoping that my tutor makes the other person read hers as she was ill in the last tute and didn't contribute much. I realise that probably makes me a bad person...
Reply 3992
Does it make me a bad person if I find this funny?

The guy who sat down next to me at this morning's lecture was the poshest snob i've yet met in Oxford. He turned up to a 10am lecture wearing- I kid you not- tweed trousers, a beige suit jacket and a large cravat/neck tie type thing. And he wore glasses and had a really nerdy haircut which looked like something Donald Trump has. I wanted to laugh out loud sooooooooo badly. Oh and I say he was a snob because he scoffed a couple of times when the lecturer mentioned the Labour party.
jackmb

The guy who sat down next to me at this morning's lecture was the poshest snob i've yet met in Oxford. He turned up to a 10am lecture wearing- I kid you not- tweed trousers, a beige suit jacket and a large cravat/neck tie type thing. And he wore glasses and had a really nerdy haircut which looked like something Donald Trump has. I wanted to laugh out loud sooooooooo badly. Oh and I say he was a snob because he scoffed a couple of times when the lecturer mentioned the Labour party.

Is this the ginger kid who today was wearing a brown jacket and what looked like a large novelty bow-tie/cravat?

He's a source of amusement for every lecture.
Reply 3994
jackmb

If it's the same person I'm thinking of, I think he's from Oriel. I was sitting near someone like that at the Peter Mandelson talk, and he was making bitchy comments about Mandelson's posture...
pinkpenguin
Is this the ginger kid who today was wearing a brown jacket and what looked like a large novelty bow-tie/cravat?

He's a source of amusement for every lecture.

I think he walked past me today. It's like a cravat tied as a bow tie?
I wish I'd seen him. My second lecture today was so dull I almost fell alseep. I'm not having a good day, workwise.
Reply 3997
Dionysia
I wish I'd seen him. My second lecture today was so dull I almost fell alseep. I'm not having a good day, workwise.

Personally, I enjoyed the Tennyson impressions. At least, I assume that's the lecture you're talking about...what was the other one you went to?
The only thing that was worth seeing was his impression of Tennyson. Other than that I thought it was utterly useless. I came away with half a page of notes and a bad mood. Other one was on Viclit in Venice and was pretty awesome. He had quite a wry sense of humour.
Reply 3999
jackmb

What's wrong with a nerdy haircut and dressing oddly? I think you're being a bit judgemental. Admittedly everyone I've met who dresses in the way you described has turned out to be a cock, but I've always come to this conclusion after getting to know them better.

I snigger at the Labour Party, does that make me a snob?

Latest

Trending

Trending