The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BJack
We are the wind band, ably led by the best conductor this side of, well, anywhere. :h:

:awesome:

Did Bezzler pay you to say that? :p: I jest: he's pretty damn good actually. I was sorry to have only been conducted once by him :yes:
Reply 6941
The_Lonely_Goatherd
:awesome:

Did Bezzler pay you to say that? :p:

Not yet.

:shiftyrun:
Reply 6942
BJack
We are the wind band, ably led by the best conductor this side of, well, anywhere. :h:

HEY YOU MUST HAVE BEEN AT MY BAND :biggrin: How did you know it was me? And why did you not say hello?!

This makes me really happy! And I promise, Die Meistersinger will sound really good when we can play it.

The_Lonely_Goatherd

Did Bezzler pay you to say that? :p: I jest: he's pretty damn good actually. I was sorry to have only been conducted once by him :yes:

Thank you! :smile:

pinkpenguin
Drowning in Descartes.

DITTO! Stupid cogito.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6943
Bezzler
HEY YOU MUST HAVE BEEN AT MY BAND :biggrin: How did you know it was me? And why did you not say hello?!

I recognized you from the telly / vaguely remembered you mentioning on here before that you were conducting something so it seemed additionally plausible that it was you / run away from gatherings quickly so I can avoid talking to people. :o:
Reply 6944
First essay handed in for 4pm today, tute tomorrow morning. Got the essay back at 5.30 (impressive!) and it seems to have gone down reasonably well which is a relief as I had yet to start writing it at 11am despite being up until 2am doing the reading!

Anyone else think that a) it's been freezing today (especially in the afternoon) and b) that there seem to be more Americans than British people around in Oxford at the moment? I was in the King's Arms this evening at about 6.30 and the two of us were the only non-Americans in that part of the building. I know there are the Stanford scholars but they can't all have been part of that programme!
Reply 6945
BJack
I recognized you from the telly / vaguely remembered you mentioning on here before that you were conducting something so it seemed additionally plausible that it was you / run away from gatherings quickly so I can avoid talking to people. :o:

Dammit that TV show will haunt me for the rest of my life. And come say hello next week!
I'm going to go to the Upper Camera later in an attempt to actually start doing some work (most of the books I need seem to be there too). It's open till ten, right? And what am I allowed/not allowed to take in with me? They're pretty strict, yes? Can I take my own books and/or books from other libraries in there too?
Reply 6947
Eric Arthur
I'm going to go to the Upper Camera later in an attempt to actually start doing some work (most of the books I need seem to be there too). It's open till ten, right? And what am I allowed/not allowed to take in with me? They're pretty strict, yes? Can I take my own books and/or books from other libraries in there too?

The Rad Cam, along with the rest of the Bod, is open until 10. Technically you are not allowed food and drink but if it is at the bottom of your bag they probably won't see it. You can take books from other libraries in.
Meandering through Montaigne, plunged into Pound.
Does anyone know whether there are places to leave your bikes outside Trinity college? I have to go there for a tutorial and I don't know whether I can take my bike..
yeah there's a bike rack pretty much immediately outside
Been ill for two days and almost collapsed walking from Jericho to Hugh's. Essay and a close reading in for Tuesday. First week a writeoff. Hello Oxford.
Reply 6952
Woo! Running a fire drill is fun.
I got a 73 for something yesterday.

:proud:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6954
Well done!

I've managed to avoid an essay crisis by writing the whole thing yesterday and am feeling proud of myself. Now I can have the weekend off! (sort of).
What's the best (and cheapest) taxi company in Oxford? I somehow managed to get through first year without ever needing a taxi but I'm going out tonight and I don't much fancy walking back to Merifield drunk in the early hours.
This is a bad question really for someone who has been in Ox for a year an a little bit - but what's the Turf like for food??
Reply 6957
pinkpenguin
This is a bad question really for someone who has been in Ox for a year an a little bit - but what's the Turf like for food??

Not bad. The menu is pretty much as you'd expect, but they do at least manage to cook it properly, thereby beating the Eagle and Child.
That's a good question actually, I need to take some family out to a pub for lunch tomorrow, can anyone recommend anywhere as good for food? Preferably in the relative vicinity of Lincoln, I was wondering about the Bear, KA, Turf, places like that, but I haven't really being getting to know them for their food recently...
They're all pretty similar price- and food-wise. The set lunch at Quod is worth checking out: £10.95 for 2 courses which isn't much more than a pub main course and feels like a much bigger treat.

Latest

Trending

Trending