The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cpchem
Oh... that's just cruel. I hate this question... it requires me to write the most irritating letter in the Greek alphabet, xi, over and over again. I hate ******* ξ\xi

It's just so fussy to write!!

:lolwut:

That does sound quite irritating :s-smilie:
Reply 1181
This is the problem - physicists. They do too much dull crap, define everything as a letter, and they've wasted loads of them - so we have to resort to Greek. I mean, come on, did you really need to waste a whole letter on acceleration? Why bother!? v˙\dot{v} would have done the job!!

Stupid physicists, ruining all of our fun. I've never been a fan of those stupid conservation laws, for one. If I want to make energy out of nowhere, I should be allowed to!
Its the one tempting thing about religion. It gives you a reason to blindly ignore the laws of physics.
the one tempting thing about religion. It gives you a reason to blindly ignore the laws of physics.
cpchem

Stupid physicists, ruining all of our fun. I've never been a fan of those stupid conservation laws, for one. If I want to make energy out of nowhere, I should be allowed to!

I've never fully understood that law. Surely energy must have come out of nowhere at some point? Like when the world was created? Or is that just my own special brand of physics? :dontknow:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
I've never fully understood that law. Surely energy must have come out of nowhere at some point? Like when the world was created? Or is that just my own special brand of physics? :dontknow:

Why would it have to be created.

Numbers are an infinite series? Why not time.

The last clever explanation for the history of the universe said the universe carries on expanding up to a point where (and this is where it lost me) it is so expanded it is can effectively be considered a singularity again by some weird physical strageness. Then it big bangs again.
Turdburger
Its the one tempting thing about religion. It gives you a reason to blindly ignore the laws of physics.

:yep:

Got conflicting info in school. Year 7 RE said that God created the world in 6 days. Year 7 Physics said that there was a big bang. Year 8 RE then backtracked and said the world wasn't necessarily created in six days.

:cool:
Turdburger
Why would it have to be created.

Numbers are an infinite series? Why not time.

The last clever explanation for the history of the universe said the universe carries on expanding up to a point where (and this is where it lost me) it is so expanded it is can effectively be considered a singularity again by some weird physical strageness. Then it big bangs again.

Doesn't it expand and then collapse and explode? Or expand, implode then explode?...

We can tell why I got a C in AS Physics :rofl:

I dunno, it just seems to me that unless we're saying the universe always existed and energy's always been floating around, that it must have come from somewhere :smile:
Reply 1188
There is a noticeable difference between the approaches of a certain one of my tutors and myself when looking at tutorial problems.

While he will bang on for ten minutes about the physics, and then say 'and then some sort of chemistry happens', I take a rather different tack... more along the lines of chemical explanation followed by 'then physics does some weird thing' followed by more chemistry :tongue:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Doesn't it expand and then collapse and explode? Or expand, implode then explode?...

We can tell why I got a C in AS Physics :rofl:

I dunno, it just seems to me that unless we're saying the universe always existed and energy's always been floating around, that it must have come from somewhere :smile:

Thats the Big Crunch Theory :yep:
Turdburger
Thats the Big Crunch Theory :yep:

So there are multiple theories about the history of the universe?

Damn. No wonder I didn't do well. I thought there was only one! :eek:
cpchem
There is a noticeable difference between the approaches of a certain one of my tutors and myself when looking at tutorial problems.

While he will bang on for ten minutes about the physics, and then say 'and then some sort of chemistry happens', I take a rather different tack... more along the lines of chemical explanation followed by 'then physics does some weird thing' followed by more chemistry :tongue:

:rofl:

Not quite the same thing but I do have a random habit of sticking popular music references into tutes on medieval drama and mozart piano concertos. My tutor was a bit flummoxed when I compared her medieval music DVD to 'Joseph' :rofl:
I can smell chicken nuggets, even though no one is cooking any and we don't have any at the mo.

I want some :cry:
Reply 1193
cpchem
Oh... that's just cruel. I hate this question... it requires me to write the most irritating letter in the Greek alphabet, xi, over and over again. I hate ******* ξ\xi

It's just so fussy to write!!

It's even fussier as a capital. So fussy I can't even be bothered Googling a font to include it in my post.

Bloody hell I wish I'd bought some chips on the way home; I'm starving. :mad:
Reply 1194
You mean Ξ\Xi? Urgh.
Reply 1195
That's the one. It's impossible to write it quickly without compromising the accuracy. Three parallel lines suffice for the lazy ...
Well I am so unorganised that I managed to walk all the way home, conclude that my keys must still be in my office, walk all the way back to school... and find them in my bag, in the one pocket I never use. I'm aspergic damnit I need routine!
Bekaboo
Well I am so unorganised that I managed to walk all the way home, conclude that my keys must still be in my office, walk all the way back to school... and find them in my bag, in the one pocket I never use. I'm aspergic damnit I need routine!

Again? :console:

To be fair, at least you didn't manage to lose your keys, Bod card and access card, like I did :smile:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Again? :console:

To be fair, at least you didn't manage to lose your keys, Bod card and access card, like I did :smile:

Did I already mention that? Just the once... it's fine...

Is it worrying that I no longer mind 13 year old boys looking at my boobs? :s-smilie:
Reply 1199
Bekaboo
Did I already mention that? Just the once... it's fine...

Is it worrying that I no longer mind 13 year old boys looking at my boobs? :s-smilie:

I think it's only worrying when you start to encourage them.

Latest

Trending

Trending