The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The sun is coinciding perfectly with my day off :cool:
Argh. Oxford Union's cancelled the Sri Lankan cricketers but I only just got back from my tute (cake went down well, btw!) and my parents are already on the motorway! :frown:

They said they'd come take me home anyway, which is nice :smile:
wadhamite
The sun is coinciding perfectly with my day off :cool:

:woo:

You feeling better now? :smile:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
:woo:

You feeling better now? :smile:

Spanking, thanks :biggrin: Taking today off (best friend finished at lunch time, I've been to the Turf to sit in the sun, about to go swimming, followed by seeing the biologists finish, and then cinema and cocktails at The Living Room!), and then spending the next four days cramming for my last exams.
Reply 1784
Was meant to be cooking dinner with friends. They just went ahead and did it without me on the basis that earlier I had mused about whether I'd have time to go dancing beforehand. Not at all happy.

I also almost killed (possibly) a second year historian. Was taking out my anger by kicking open doors in the corridor I was walking down and almost hit her in the face as she came up some stairs (presumably she'd have gone back down them if she'd been hit). Not good at all.
That's not good :frown: Want me to feed you?
Reply 1786
Teebs
Was meant to be cooking dinner with friends. They just went ahead and did it without me on the basis that earlier I had mused about whether I'd have time to go dancing beforehand. Not at all happy.

I also almost killed (possibly) a second year historian. Was taking out my anger by kicking open doors in the corridor I was walking down and almost hit her in the face as she came up some stairs (presumably she'd have gone back down them if she'd been hit). Not good at all.

*cowers in a corner, scared of violent side of Teebs*
Reply 1787
wadhamite
That's not good :frown: Want me to feed you?

Currently want to hit something. If I go through doors any harder I'll break them.
Teebs
Currently want to hit something. If I go through doors any harder I'll break them.

:console: I'm sure your girlfriend will ply you with food/comfort if you want her to. Or kick your friends. Whichever you like.
Reply 1789
wadhamite
:console: I'm sure your girlfriend will ply you with food/comfort if you want her to. Or kick your friends. Whichever you like.

I'm sure she would, but I don't think I'd be very good company, since I'm suffering from a certain level of hate for the world at the moment.
Anyone else sick of rowing chat?

I'm trying my best to appear interested and enthusiastic about Summer 8s, but I will be happy on Sunday when conversations can hopefully go longer than 30 seconds without the word "bump" being uttered.
i've managed to avoid rowing chat since most of my friends are as uninterested in sport as i am. i don't understand rowing in any way. bumping is good, right?

i'm really looking forward to the comma club fete on sunday. basically i want to pay too much money to hook a duck.
tigrrmilk
i want to pay too much money to hook a duck.

Ah, so you can get a hook for a duck, a duck for a hook, and pay a dollar for a hooked-up duck?
Quick Q, does anyone know roughly how long it takes to cycle to Summertown, from the town centre?
Which bit of Summertown? Summertown shops, I'd say allow 20mins from St Giles, but you could do it in well under 10 if you pushed yourself.
Ewert house - exam ending, so obv would be rubbish if I was late. Thank you.
Reply 1796
wadhamite
Which bit of Summertown? Summertown shops, I'd say allow 20mins from St Giles, but you could do it in well under 10 if you pushed yourself.

It takes about twenty minutes to walk it from Balliol, so it really shouldn't take that long on a bike...
Reply 1797
I lived in Summertown when I was 5.
Bugger the sunshine to hell and back. When my degree's over, I'm moving to Tromso.
Why oh why did I think being at home would be more peaceful/a better place to get better?!?! :s-smilie:

On the other hand, it's nice to be in an atmosphere where one doesn't feel guilty for sleeping. Plus less distractions here. 'Britain's Got Talent' aside :ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending