The Student Room Group

CHanged offer (LAw,LSE)

Does anyone have a logical explanation for the following:

Im a student from holland and Igot offers from Manchester, Warwick and LSE.
My LSE offer was to achieve a 9 in French, a 9 in Latin or History and 7.5 average, for my exams in May. I should add that we count from 1 to 10.
I called in cuz it was unclear wether they ment only the exams taken in May or on the whole curriculum. They told me it was on the curriculum as a whole. I emailed them wheteher they could send me a confirmation of that by email, so I could have it black on white you know.
Recently, they changed my offer into 8 average, which is ****!
Does anyone have a clue why they did this?
Its going to be quite hard to make the offer since i have 14 subjects and a few have already been rounded off so I cant change those anymore.
Calculating like mad gave me a prediction of 7.8/7.9.....
HELP!!!!
My guess was that they didnt feel like going through the whole fuss of figuring the dutch system out( cuz its quite complicated, the person I spoke to at the admissions office only understood my question after I had explained it to her like five times...), but thats just a guess

Scroll to see replies

If you feel that you have been hard done by, then contact the Law admissions department, and explain to them exactly what has happened (as you have done to us).

AAA in England (their standard offer) is the equivalent of "****!"
Reply 2
Phonicsdude
If you feel that you have been hard done by, then contact the Law admissions department, and explain to them exactly what has happened (as you have done to us).

AAA in England (their standard offer) is the equivalent of "****!"

Certainly argue your case against LSE admisions, and ask for the reasoning behind why they changed your offer.

Check with someone like PQ who has great knowledge of the university system as to whether they can legitimately do it. Certainly look at the previous records of your offer that they sent you.

Oh, and I agree with you Phonicsdude - AAA isn't exactly difficult to get. :smile:
*(although I'm very wary about tempting fate)
Reply 3
AAA, is rock hard for me.

I benifited from having hard AS levels on my UCAS but now math and hist are raping me!
Reply 4
tiantang

I benifited from having hard AS levels on my UCAS but now math and hist are raping me!

Maths is certainly my most difficult A level. It is so much more difficult than any of my other subjects. Seems like there's something against lawyers with it - Emily87 (from now refered to as the LNAT god) even got a B in the AS level (she was doing 5 though).

There's some seriously dedicated revision heading its way, especially for P3 (its giving me nightmares, literally :rolleyes: ).
Reply 5
tiantang

History will actually kill me..
What modules r u doing??
Reply 6
Sorry I have to agree with Annik here (altough this is a tad off topic). History is definately raping me atm! Maths is my most confident subject- woohooo go maths!
Reply 7
History I'm doing French Wars of Religion and Tudors which apparently no other skool does and there isnt many txtbooks on it either. I've just done a 3000 coursework essay which we wont get our marks back till actual results day as its marked externally.

Problem with history is that it nothing like English. You can't just write 3 pages of bull***** and claim everything is a metaphor. In History, your essays have to make sense! How stupid is that?!! :stupido3:

Maths P3, no need to further comment. Hardest A level by a mile and ironically out of all the A Levels, Maths seems to be the only one law faculties seem to mention as a preferance. :mad:
Reply 8
tiantang
History I'm doing French Wars of Religion and Tudors which apparently no other skool does and there isnt many txtbooks on it either. I've just done a 3000 coursework essay which we wont get our marks back till actual results day as its marked externally.

Problem with history is that it nothing like English. You can't just write 3 pages of bull***** and claim everything is a metaphor. In History, your essays have to make sense! How stupid is that?!! :stupido3:

Maths P3, no need to further comment. Hardest A level by a mile and ironically out of all the A Levels, Maths seems to be the only one law faculties seem to mention as a preferance. :mad:

Ah, English. I never got it personally. What the hell is the point of critically evaluating literature? I just don't get what it accomplishes.

It something I really want to be enlightened on! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Lottelo
Maths is certainly my most difficult A level. It is so much more difficult than any of my other subjects. Seems like there's something against lawyers with it - Emily87 (from now refered to as the LNAT god) even got a B in the AS level (she was doing 5 though).

There's some seriously dedicated revision heading its way, especially for P3 (its giving me nightmares, literally :rolleyes: ).

:redface:

yeah maths is reaaalllyy hard, P3 is terrible, though S2 isnt so bad since we can take that one slower over a year instead of half! Yeah i got a b at AS - v annoying! it was the mechanics - a disaster! but i retook and everything was ok again :smile: funnily enough, though maths is def my hardest subject I'm more worried about making an A in music as I have less aptitude for that. (Bach chorales, grr!)

have never found much point in eng lit, except maybe gaining some more understanding of books, unfortunately writing essays on books seems to spoil my enjoyment of them, whereas in music analysing a piece really increases my appreciation of it.

*looks up at thread title* hmm very off topic!
tiantang

We're doing the Tudors too! We did the french wars of religion for courseowrk last year and we're now doing Spanish religious policy and the Dutch Revolt. Oh the yayness....
English is surprisingly difficult. Im just a plain B candidate in exams. give me coursework and ill churn outthe As all day. F****** ***** **** ***** english! :smile::smile::smile:
What did Emily 87 get in her LNAT?
Phonicsdude
What did Emily 87 get in her LNAT?

21 :eek:
Lillith Grimore
We're doing the Tudors too! We did the french wars of religion for courseowrk last year and we're now doing Spanish religious policy and the Dutch Revolt. Oh the yayness....

Hehe, we're doing The Tudors as well.

For AS, we did "Religious Change and its Consequences in 16th Century Europe," Henry VII and the French Wars of Religion and now we're doing Spain/The Dutch Revolt, all of the other Tudors and Henri IV of France.

If you think it's hard getting books for the French wars, try getting them for Henri IV - they are all out of print and cost about £40 second hand!
Reply 15
I think they can actually change it anytime they want it right, I would think...(????)
haha Well thing is, This voice in my head is telling me that if I will call in again they will reject me straight away, you know, dont want the god-we-thougt-we-had-gotten-rid-of-you-but-youre-really-asking-for-it-now idea.
But hey, what the heck ill try
Reply 16
LSE-Changed offer for Law M121:

They changed their offer! YAY!
Im surprised by how easily they change their offers! The woman just said: "ok well change it into this and that then."
"OK!"

lol
vintage_queen
Hehe, we're doing The Tudors as well.

For AS, we did "Religious Change and its Consequences in 16th Century Europe," Henry VII and the French Wars of Religion and now we're doing Spain/The Dutch Revolt, all of the other Tudors and Henri IV of France.

If you think it's hard getting books for the French wars, try getting them for Henri IV - they are all out of print and cost about £40 second hand!

That's almost identical to our course. Balding Monks and the things they'll do for attention...

Getting some on Edward VI was a bit tricky for my coursework, he's really underwritten and half of it's out of print. I think one book was written in about 1900!
Reply 18
Just done 3k words on was Francis I absolute.

I got a whole themes essay on France 16th centrary from louis XII, through French Wars to Henry IV.

And then a stupid sources exams on Elizabeth.

We did early Tudors last year. Somerset, the western rebellion, Henry VIII, etc. how fun! :mad:

Regarding books it was a b!tch. I went to foyles London (biggest book shop in England) and had f~ck all. Instead I ended up ordering sum out of print RJ Knecht and R. Major books off Amazon Auction for extortionate prices.
Reply 19
tiantang
Just done 3k words on was Francis I absolute.

I got a whole themes essay on France 16th centrary from louis XII, through French Wars to Henry IV.

And then a stupid sources exams on Elizabeth.

We did early Tudors last year. Somerset, the western rebellion, Henry VIII, etc. how fun! :mad:

Regarding books it was a b!tch. I went to foyles London (biggest book shop in England) and had f~ck all. Instead I ended up ordering sum out of print RJ Knecht and R. Major books off Amazon Auction for extortionate prices.

The French stuff and the tudors was horrible! The civil war stuff was good though :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending