The Student Room Group
Reply 1
oanjum
dam this thread is goin down,,ne1??

try the offical UCAS thread, all offers will probably be in there

http://www.uk-learning.net/t13200.html

oh yeah and my best mate had his interview for Sheffiled on wednesday, but he hasn't heard from his others yet.

lou xxx
Reply 2
oanjum
have u heard anything yet?

My mate hasn't heard anything yet for his 4 choices.
Reply 3
Some people in my school have heard from imperial, king's and queen mary's for interviews. One student got an offer last week from king's. Plenty haven't heard yet though but we have all been reassured that interviews can be up to and during March!
Reply 4
yeah same here,

i phoned up. both kings and ucl said they dont give acknowledgements. ucl said they sent the first lot of interviews just now. i got a reply from nottingham that they got my application and to fill in some online questionaire.
do QMW give acknowledgements?
Reply 5
A friend of mine has an interview at Birmingham next week, but she hasn't heard from her other 3 choices (Nottingham, Southampton and Newcastle)
Reply 6
My mate got turfed by Nottingham (he applied there for Pharmacy, and obviously a personal statement geared towards Medicine is no good to them). Good for him he says, he wanted to stay in London anyway. As far as I know for my other medical mates, only Cambridge have got in touch in any capacity.
Reply 7
lol, i was waiting for ages for that aswell oanjum. yeah i know some guy who got a reply from oxford but not the others. strange eh.
Reply 8
UCL, Kings, QMW and nottingham.
i really wanna stay in london as u can see. nottingham is just for variety. what would be ur top choice?
So far all I have got is a confirmation letter from Cardiff. I have heard nothing from Peninsula, Brighton Sussex or Southampton. Oh well! My friend who is also applying to medicine has interviews next week at Peninsula and at Hull York! It's not fair! I want interviews!
Rysh
lol, i was waiting for ages for that aswell oanjum. yeah i know some guy who got a reply from oxford but not the others. strange eh.

It's not really that strange when you think about it..actually, its common sense. Less people apply to Oxbridge medical schools than others and if you have read their prospectuses, you would know that they interview ALL applicants.. (due to the fact that those who apply have quite high grades anyway and its a relatively small number when compared to the other medical schools)

Peace

John
ThunderCat8
So far all I have got is a confirmation letter from Cardiff. I have heard nothing from Peninsula, Brighton Sussex or Southampton. Oh well! My friend who is also applying to medicine has interviews next week at Peninsula and at Hull York! It's not fair! I want interviews!

Hey I'm feeling you bro.. my friend has interview to the same places too.. and I'm stuck here with a late confirmation from Queen Mary (last week!) and no interview from any (UCL, Kings, Queen Mary's, Peninsula). I now have extra sensory perception of the post man's arrival, before I storm down the stairs hoping for UCAS labelled letter.
jndikum
It's not really that strange when you think about it..actually, its common sense. Less people apply to Oxbridge medical schools than others and if you have read their prospectuses, you would know that they interview ALL applicants.. (due to the fact that those who apply have quite high grades anyway and its a relatively small number when compared to the other medical schools)

Peace

John

plus oxbridge interview pre-christmas, whereas all the others can linger on until march or later.
Well I've had a Glasgow interview, had a confirmation from Aberdeen and have an intreview for Cambridge in December.
Reply 14
heyy..
ive applied to oxford, nottingham, sheffield and edinburgh for medicine. havent heard anything from sheffield or edinburgh. I still havent filled in my nottingham form :frown: and have taken my bmat.
Reply 15
Hey

I've applied to Kings, Queen Mary, Imperial and Leeds....for the course and location really!

So far, Ive only had acknowledgments from Queen Mary and Leeds! I havent got any interviews, its really scary and nerveracking as some people have already got offers under their belt....but its stil early days seeing as Unis dont stop interviews until March/April.

lolli

Latest