The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It was generally the stuff that's available on the net. They went into the details of the foreign module (a translation paper and a 4000 word essay) and the opportunities to utilise the ERASMUS scheme if you so wish. There was a lot on creative writing opportunities (which I didn't pay too much attention to, as it doesn't interest me much, so I don't remember all the details) such as the opportunity to submit creative work as a module (10,000 word limit) and the availability of a creative fellow (usually a young writer in residence). I asked specifically about student journalism and was given a comprehensive and enthusiastic answer detailing various publications and opportunities outside the course and pervious success gained by York students working for their own version of the tabloids. We were told about tutorials, work load, reading lists (which we should receive soon, incidentally) and lectures. The thing that I took from it most though was a reassurance from the enthusiasm of the guy who took the talk, and a belief that if I don’t get 3As then I can see myself elsewhere.

Latest

Trending

Trending