The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i believe she has three years, after her MPharm degree in which to do it in.
Reply 2
http://www.rpsgb.org/acareerinpharmacy/preregistrationtraining/

If your friend is going into 4th year they need to get familiar with the RPSGB website, or at least know how things work now before the RPSGB splits into the professional leadership body and the GPhC next summer. Everything they need to know and more about the prereg year is on there.
Reply 3
TigerSwift
http://www.rpsgb.org/acareerinpharmacy/preregistrationtraining/

If your friend is going into 4th year they need to get familiar with the RPSGB website, or at least know how things work now before the RPSGB splits into the professional leadership body and the GPhC next summer. Everything they need to know and more about the prereg year is on there.

I dont see anything about when you can do the pre reg!? or how long u have till after u graduate...
Reply 4
I dont think there is a limit,

"All trainees must then complete 52 week’s of satisfactory supervised and assessed
training in employment and pass the Registration Examination for admission to the
register. There are staged assessments every 13 weeks. Trainees are eligible to sit the
Registration Examination after a satisfactory 39-week Progress report-3 and after
completing 45 weeks of training. There is a final assessment at 52 weeks and a final
declaration by the tutor, which must be satisfactory. Once the Registration Examination
has been passed, the 52 weeks (or more in some cases) of satisfactory training have
been completed and the other requirements met (such as providing a Health
Declaration), then applicants can be entered on the register."

Most candidates do it within a year but if your m8 wants 2 take a break, she probably can. Its best if she asks her university!
If she wants to do graduate medicine why doesn't she do her pre-reg straight after graduating in a hospital, register and then do graduate medicine. That way she can locum to earn herself some extra money and she will have a years experience in the NHS so will understand how things work more in a hospital.

Latest

Trending

Trending