The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
tony hawks four hands down
rxbeef

Tony hawks was ok but it was hardly an original idea was it, I mean there had been 3 other games before hand and all that had happened was the addition of a couple of features.
rxbeef

You prefer that to THUG 1 and 2?
Iluvatar
You prefer that to THUG 1 and 2?

I think that THUG 1 was a lot better game as it gave you a great deal of freedom and it didn't automatically assume you were a skating superstar.
Reply 44
yeah but aftrer 4 it sort of became nothing to do with skating, it was more "collect this, or that" no skating needed and to be fair, its a skating game, should have to skating in it! prrefer it to thug one and two, def! also, TH2 was a classic, i remember spending hours on that when i was younger lol
Reply 45
I am playing final fantasy (the new 1). I am about half way through and i am getting to like it more than what i used to as i thought the first ones that were brought out were not very good.
Most people hold that Tony Hawks 3 is better than 4, but my favourite in terms of how great it was to play it for the first time was Tony Hawks 2, which isn't on the current gen consoles.

Oh and Pro Evo is clearly better than Fifa, anyone who thinks otherwise is dillusional. You won't find a single games reviewer or developer who will say different, trust me.
pauldaboy
I am playing final fantasy (the new 1). I am about half way through and i am getting to like it more than what i used to as i thought the first ones that were brought out were not very good.

I take it you are referring to FF X-2 (the one where you only get to play as girls).
Reply 48
Yeh that is the one. It is a good game. But when i get stuck on a bit i just get bored of the game and play something else. Yeh pro evo games are much better than fifa and the new pro evo 4 is brilliant.
pauldaboy
Yeh that is the one. It is a good game. But when i get stuck on a bit i just get bored of the game and play something else. Yeh pro evo games are much better than fifa and the new pro evo 4 is brilliant.

I found it to be far too basic and rather different from the final fantasy norm since in all other games there has been a linear story-line rather than missions.
I'd say Soul Caliber 2 is the best game I've played so far. I like the way it uses stances to string attack combos together. However I'm open to suggestions, especially if they involve big shiny weapons of destruction.
Pirate Roberts
I'd say Soul Caliber 2 is the best game I've played so far. I like the way it uses stances to string attack combos together. However I'm open to suggestions, especially if they involve big shiny weapons of destruction.

SC2 is the best fighting game on PS2, although the weapons master mode did get quite annoying (and easy once you got certain weapons.
wiwarin_mir
I think that THUG 1 was a lot better game as it gave you a great deal of freedom and it didn't automatically assume you were a skating superstar.

Yeah, i completely agree, though some of it was a little tacky i think, but it is a pretty playable game all the same.
Iluvatar
Yeah, i completely agree, though some of it was a little tacky i think, but it is a pretty playable game all the same.

Some of it did get quite annoying sometimes, since if you couldn't do a certain mission, it sometimes meant you couldn't progress.
wiwarin_mir
SC2 is the best fighting game on PS2, although the weapons master mode did get quite annoying (and easy once you got certain weapons.

Well, to be perfectly honest, it doesn't have all that much in the way of competition (if your talking straight fighters, like Tekken, Street Fighter and stuff).
Tekken is surprisingly bad (both Tag, and Tekken 4), I like the Capcom Vs SNK games (though they aren't that great. The only other alternative i can think of are Dragon Ball Z Budokai games, which are okay, but rather limited and a bit boring after a time.
cheesecakebobby
Oh and Pro Evo is clearly better than Fifa, anyone who thinks otherwise is dillusional. You won't find a single games reviewer or developer who will say different, trust me.

Well thats not the case (i have read reviews that say Fifa is better than Evo... not many i grant you, but anyway).
I am not dillusional, i find Pro Evo slow and sluggish, and just generally not very playable.
wiwarin_mir
Some of it did get quite annoying sometimes, since if you couldn't do a certain mission, it sometimes meant you couldn't progress.

Well i only played the game on multiplayer (my cousin has it), so i wouldn't know, but he hasn't had any problems on it (and he isn't an especially good gamer).
Iluvatar
Well i only played the game on multiplayer (my cousin has it), so i wouldn't know, but he hasn't had any problems on it (and he isn't an especially good gamer).

On the very easy game difficulty it is very easy to complete and it doesn't take all that much time. On the higher difficulties it is a lot more difficult to get through.

On tony hawks 1-4 you could go back to previous maps and complete more goals on them to unlock more maps, but you can't do that on THUG which can sometimes be annoying.
Reply 58
Metal gear solid 3 is surely the best.

Zain
Agha Zain
Metal gear solid 3 is surely the best.

Zain

I've never been a fan of them personally. I got the original, and was unimpressed. I borrowed the second one from my cousin, and was unimpressed. I haven't played Snake Eater, but unless its drastically different, i don't see my viewpoint changing.

Latest