The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's ok yeah. Just getting through Research Methods, then am going to get started on Education.
i'm finding letters and words are best for remembering like for ethical reasons:

PC DPIC

Privacy, Confidentiality, Deception, Protection, Informed Consent. :biggrin:

It's nicer than unit 1 though - Culture and Identity has quite a scattered syllabus.
I did this unit in January :smile: I really liked it, as far as exams go, and it was relatively easy. Much better than the family and household exam I have on the 12th May :frown:
Reply 3
Sakura-Chan
I did this unit in January :smile: I really liked it, as far as exams go, and it was relatively easy. Much better than the family and household exam I have on the 12th May :frown:

Yeh i like this unit much better, unit 1 was so borin ...and the test in january i thought was very hard :frown: Do you remember many of the small questions that came up on unit 2 like the small methods and education questions because i have the bigger ones and just want to know what came up :smile:...btw is the grade boudaries for this unit high?
Also does anybody know if we need to know about policies such as literacy hour, beacon schools, numeracy hour etc because they cam up in a past paper question worth 20marks?
'Me=
']Yeh i like this unit much better, unit 1 was so borin ...and the test in january i thought was very hard :frown: Do you remember many of the small questions that came up on unit 2 like the small methods and education questions because i have the bigger ones and just want to know what came up :smile:...btw is the grade boudaries for this unit high?
Also does anybody know if we need to know about policies such as literacy hour, beacon schools, numeracy hour etc because they cam up in a past paper question worth 20marks?

Nothing like that came up in January, and my teacher never covered it in class :/

As far as I can remember, the two and four mark questions for education were about the self fulfilling prophecy and the the effect of the restricted and elaborated code on the differences in the education of middle and working class children.

I'm my class, 96/120 was the lowest A grade. Not sure about the rest though, sorry.
Reply 5
I'm taking this one in the summer. Research methods I have pretty much mastered, i've just got to touch up on what I know about the Education part. Got an A in January for Family and Households, so hopefully i'll continue that with this one.
Reply 6
Any questions?
Reply 7
Has anyone got any good material of like the latest labour governemnt developments with social policy & education except from raising the leaving age to 18?
Reply 8
You wont need that far.

Research methods is hideously boring.
Reply 9
A-Man!
You wont need that far.

Research methods is hideously boring.

Talk about it! Seems never ending and pretty pointless half the time. Lots of the topics in it overlap each other with points, and I end up writing the same thing over again. Almost as boring as reading the marxist and functionalist views towards education. :frown:
Reply 10
cfc1992
Talk about it! Seems never ending and pretty pointless half the time. Lots of the topics in it overlap each other with points, and I end up writing the same thing over again. Almost as boring as reading the marxist and functionalist views towards education. :frown:

Oh Christ I haven't started education yet...
Research Methods is so bad though. My brain seems sapped of energy.
cfc1992
I'm taking this one in the summer. Research methods I have pretty much mastered, i've just got to touch up on what I know about the Education part. Got an A in January for Family and Households, so hopefully i'll continue that with this one.

Don't suppose you can remember the type of things that came up in the 24 mark questions can you? :smile:
Reply 12
Sakura-Chan
Don't suppose you can remember the type of things that came up in the 24 mark questions can you? :smile:

Examine the reasons that childhood is socially constructed
Asses the view that the nuclear family no longer remains the norm.
Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 13
Anyone remember the AQA Culture and Identity question? I would love it.
'Me=
']Examine the reasons that childhood is socially constructed
Asses the view that the nuclear family no longer remains the norm.
Hope that helps :smile:

Cheers! It does! :smile: So hopefully nothing like that will come up this time in the 24 mark questions. Childhood is the section I'm not so great on :/
Reply 15
what are the main learning points for unit 2 exam?
Ive not done hardly enought revision for this , I know its bad , But Ive been revising the resit for both psych & socio & I also have Unit 2 psych & English sheeessshh
Reply 17
Stick to the other topic...
'Me=
']Yeh i like this unit much better, unit 1 was so borin ...and the test in january i thought was very hard :frown: Do you remember many of the small questions that came up on unit 2 like the small methods and education questions because i have the bigger ones and just want to know what came up :smile:...btw is the grade boudaries for this unit high?

Yeah we do have to know about the education policies for unit 2
I'm worried tbhh im sitting it tomorrow morning is everyone else sitting the new sylabus or not? i am and i did for unit 1 aswell its like the new course so its never been sat before - has anybody got any tips on key thing to revise - im just going through all my notes and work ive donee in lessons
write back please (: x
Yeah we do have to know about the education policies for unit 2
I'm worried tbhh im sitting it tomorrow morning is everyone else sitting the new sylabus or not? i am and i did for unit 1 aswell its like the new course so its never been sat before - has anybody got any tips on key thing to revise - im just going through all my notes and work ive donee in lessons
write back please (: x

Latest

Trending

Trending