The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A decent appreciation of what they were letting themselves in for, both positives and negatives, yet who wanted to do medicine nonetheless.
Reply 2
Their ability to communicate :smile:

Or are we just talking about pre-interviews here?
Reply 3
Good grades.
Work experience.
A personal statement which doesn't sound entirely contrived.
Reply 4
when shortlisting i'd put 60% on personal statement and reference, with the other 40% on grades.

after that, all on the interview.
Reply 5
For one I'd use the BMAT over the UKCAT. Good grades, good PS, and ideally everyone should be interviewed, like St Georges.
Reply 6
Anyone who references Scrubs in their PS = Win.
Reply 7
Throw a pile of personal steatments in the air. Those who end up on the desk interview, ones from the floor rejection.
Reply 8
jonnyofengland

Lol!

Muni.
xx
Reply 9
Get my secretary to throw out all below X UKCAT, and without Y grades.

Then lay them all out over the floor, call in the dog, and see which one he goes for.
belis
Throw a pile of personal steatments in the air. Those who end up on the desk interview, ones from the floor rejection.

I like this.
terpineol
Then lay them all out over the floor, call in the dog, and see which one he goes for.

Surely that's better for Vet admissions? :teeth:
jonnyofengland
Surely that's better for Vet admissions? :teeth:

Nah, vets are chosen in a far more sensible manner. Who can outrun an angry cow.
terpineol
Nah, vets are chosen in a far more sensible manner. Who can outrun an angry cow.

I see. Since reading Harry Potter, I like to believe that all Vets are sent acceptance letters by owl. That would be swell.
jonnyofengland

My friend did that and got all 4 offers...
terpineol

How about a game of who can outrun a disgruntled family member?
Alex L

Nah, my prowess with communications skills should allow me to neutralize them without resorting to violence. If one can get the blood pressure to rise quickly and high enough to induce a stroke, why would one need to run?
Reply 17
Alex L

It would be more interesting to put each applicant in a room with a disgruntled family member to really see what their comm skills are like :yep:
Dogkicker91
My friend did that and got all 4 offers...

Evidently admissions officers agree with me.
terpineol
Nah, my prowess with communications skills should allow me to neutralize them without resorting to violence. If one can get the blood pressure to rise quickly and high enough to induce a stroke, why would one need to run?

:rofl:

Hygeia
It would be more interesting to put each applicant in a room with a disgruntled family member to really see what their comm skills are like :yep:

To be honest, I would support a move for something like that. Or at least the introduction of a highly pressured situation to see how they would react. It would certainly separate those who would crack under pressure.

Latest

Trending

Trending