The Student Room Group

Higher Computing Grade

If anyone has done Higher Computing or is doing it this year will know that you can get 30% of your final grade from your coursework but my understanding of the final mark is different from my teacher. This is how I see it, the total marks for the course if 200 (140 for the exam and 60 for the coursework). So if you get lets say 30/60 for the coursework, thats 30/200 total so its 15% of your total.

To get an A you need 75% and this where I don't understand my teacher, to get 75% of 200 its 150 marks and you have gained 30 from the coursework so to get an A you would need 120/140 marks for the paper which is rather hard. That is my understanding.

The teacher says though if we got 15% of the final grade for coursework then we would only need 60% more to get an A and he says that 60% of the paper, so out of 140 marks you would only need 84 marks to get an overall A.

Surely this is wrong as that would give you a total of 114 marks out of 200 which is only 57% and is still a C.

Who is right?
Reply 1
You are correct, if you get 50% for your coursework (30 marks).

You will have 30/200

You can only get another 140 marks maximum through the written paper.

So in order to achieve an A (150 marks overall) you will need to get 120 marks out of 140 of the written paper.
Reply 2
That confused me too - i dont realy suppose it matters youve just gotta try tour best anyways

I am rather happy with 53/60 for my coursework though
Reply 3
Wow snap Catkill - I got 53/60 as well! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending