The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DrDomDom
Did you see their prospectus: there was a page in it with a long row of students working: and there wasnt one non-asian.

Really? Is medicine the same?
Reply 21
I'm black (afro-caribbean) and i've always been in a minority at medical school. I don't care, i don't go looking for black people but it is interesting. There were 4 of us (out of 270) in my old year.
Reply 22
With asian people, if one was to generalise there is a real big split between asians. You get the asians that keep within cultural groups and ones that do the exact opposite. I think if a non-asian was in that class, I think the feeling of the whole cultural thing would pretty much depend on which type of people you have within in your year. UCL hasn't got THAT many asians in medicine compared to other London universities.

If I get my grades for medicine this year, I'll be in the opposite scenario, something that I think I prefer. My current class is 70-80% asian.
Reply 23
humz2
argh! no!

lol your signature is genius :wink:
Reply 24
andybrandy
lol your signature is genius :wink:

Haha thanks =]
DrDomDom
On the open day I went to, nope. There were lots of european people - most probably the majority.

My interview on the other hand - Im pretty sure I was one of only two white people.

Are you going to Kings?

Well, I want to apply there :p: it's pretty high up on the list of unis I'd like to study medicine at. I'm going to the open day soon. It's just that, I really don't want to be in a place where it's all predominantly one race (because groups can occur).
humz2
Haha thanks =]

your sig is awesome. I love the bit when it says "you will be smiling" or something of that sort! It was so true!
Reply 27
:::mEdIcAl_GuNnEr:::
your sig is awesome. I love the bit when it says "you will be smiling" or something of that sort! It was so true!

Thanks =P

Latest

Trending

Trending