The Student Room Group

Whats the most ridiculous statement you have ever put in a exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bailey8
Gcse English i quoted Mohammad Ali's 'Fly like a butter fly sting like a Bee'. I got an A:biggrin:

I'm assuming the A wasn't for your not-so-brilliant knowledge of Muhammed Ali's quotes (or for the spelling of his name).
My GCSE RE exam included "I find your lack of faith disturbing". Still managed to walk out with an A.
Original post by Kalliope
There was quite a lot of slash in that question! (Slash = Gay relationship) :biggrin:

Indeed there was. :tongue: John and Joe. :wink:
Not technically in my exam, but about them in general. I told my mother that I'd 'slaughter a goat to get my target grades'. Good thing she's so understanding...
Reply 984
Original post by randomgirl
I've never written anything remotely funny/interesting in an exam :sad:

Same! :tongue: Might experiment though :P LOL!
In my French writing exam I wrote almost a whole A4 page (in french) explaining how it was my birthday and my mum would hate me if I didn't do well
And in my English exam I wrote about Brad and Angelina having a garage full of dead ethiopian babies. I don't know what I was thinking

Both went well though :smile:
The other day in my Japanese cultural history exam (it was my elective so I could fail it):
Opening sentence "I was actually really confused by the book we were supposed to read, so I'm going to write about Battle Royale instead because I actually know what happens in that."
Closing sentence: "He is a badass mofo, definitely someone I would want to live with in case I got burgled."
Reply 987
Not me, but one of my friends starting writing a match report of the Chelsea 3-3 Man Utd, when supposed to be writing an essay on the poem 'Poppies'. He justified it by saying 'Poppies are red and Man Utd play in red, therefore the poem is about Man Utd', and included an apology at the end explaining how he is really bad at English and didn't know what else to write.
Reply 988
Original post by hassi94
I'm assuming the A wasn't for your not-so-brilliant knowledge of Muhammed Ali's quotes (or for the spelling of his name).

While i was writing it i knew i would spell it wrong.. Haha yes true but i still got it and thats all that counts:P
Reply 989
Somebody I know during AS Maths decided that she would write something along the lines of "I hate this question - I want to kill myself". AQA saw the paper called the school to check the students mental health.
In a maths mock-
Where it says "do not write outside the box" I wrote OK.
Outside the box.
Reply 991
In my English GCSE mock I ranted for the entire thing about how terrible Matt Cardle was and how his single was desecrating Many Of Horror by Biffy Clyro.
Highest marks in the year and the teacher read it to the class.

Also in my last history exam I said something like "Margret Thatcher was just trying to make a quick buck". Yay words.

OH ALSO: In another English paper I wrote a short story based on a collection of Arctic Moneys lyrics. Ahhh GCSEs :')
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 992
Original post by Hannahmeg
In a maths mock-
Where it says "do not write outside the box" I wrote OK.
Outside the box.

Ha, I always do things like that.

'There are no questions on this page' -> 'Why not?'
'There is no text on this page' -> ':confused:'

:rolleyes:
In an AS Physics exam on Friday: "Turn the ammeter off and on again"
Reply 994
In a physics question about pressure and something about breathing idk, "Because there would be too much pressure and the mask would explode in her face"
My AS Eng Lit exam the other week asked me about the use of climaxes in three texts I'd studied.

They shouldn't put questions like that in if they don't want inappropriate answers.
In my PE standard grade the question was something like:

(a) What do you do to get your head in the right place before a game?
and then
(b) How does this make you calm?

for (a) i wrote about how i think about god and how he encourages me to do well
and (b) i wrote that he makes my mind and body feel at ease with each other

You were ment to say - i think about my role in the game.

I had no clue what to write so i this answer came about. (Note - I am not at all religious in any way shape or form, I just hope my examiner is though! ):P
I also remember having to sit a RE test about ethical decisions and instead discussing why a yum-yum is better than a tortilla. I failed.
Reply 998
Not exactly exam-based, but it is my MUN resolution, nonetheless.

Resolution GA:3:2.1.jpg

I couldn't get anyone to co-sponsor me, so I put in alternate names for my own country to look like I did have co-sponsors, AKA one country transformed into many. The chairs were too lazy to check through it :tongue:
Needless to say, debating in favour of it was fun :colone: "Terrorism is bad, and what better deterrent for would-be terrorists could you have than sexual harassment?" Or something along those lines. Good times.
(edited 11 years ago)
Not really a statement , more of an answer in a biology GCSE. The question was something like :Olaf the Norwegian farmer lives 110 km from the sea, he doesn't want to use fish in his fertiliser ,why is this? Me being an idiot put " so it didn't attract sea animals like seagulls" when in reality the answer was it would be expensive to transport the fish . I came out of the exam and almost died when I realised what I actually put, but it gave everyone else a laugh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending