The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tempted to do that one but didn't in the end
Why are you worried about it?
I wouldn't worry, you only did you best :smile:
Well basically, I'm totally freaking out because I can't remember if there were any named poems for it, other than Field Mouse by Gillian Clarke :s-smilie:
Do you think you could possibly remember?
It would be a great help, thanks.
I did that as well
I did the Field Mouse then I did At A Potato Digging followed by Patrolling Barnegat and Sonnet
Reply 4
WeStartedNothing
Hey, I did question 21 on Section B, about how the poets use methods to convey ideas.
I was wondering if anyone else did the same question?
I'm well worried about it :/

There weren't-done the same question

Good question but time consuming. Apart from the named question I did at a potato digging, the eagle and sonnet.
It was Field Mouse only
Reply 6
Did anyone do short stories out of interest? I done question 1 for that!
Oh thank God!
You guys are LIFE SAVERS!
I did;
Field Mouse, At A Potato Digging, Sonnet and On My First Sonne.
You think those are okay?
:s-smilie:
I did Short Stories, and Q1 too. :smile:
I chose The End Of Something and obviously Chemistry.
I just worried that I spoke about the ending of a relationship, rather than relationships in general.
What did you pick?
Reply 9
WeStartedNothing
Oh thank God!
You guys are LIFE SAVERS!
I did;
Field Mouse, At A Potato Digging, Sonnet and On My First Sonne.
You think those are okay?
:s-smilie:

to be honest you could have done any 3 poems along with the named one. I done The Eagle because its short, Sonnet because there's a lot to write about and At A Potato Digging because I know them well.

Your's are fine!
Reply 10
WeStartedNothing
I did Short Stories, and Q1 too. :smile:
I chose The End Of Something and obviously Chemistry.
I just worried that I spoke about the ending of a relationship, rather than relationships in general.
What did you pick?

I chose Flight. You could have chosen The End of Something, Flight, Paula Brown, Your shoes or even Growing Up.

I wrote about relationships in general but also about ending of relationships.

Should be fine.
Thankyou so much.
I thought it was a fantastic question.
Yeah, Field Mouse and At A Potato Digging serve for great comparisons.
Although, I don't think I mentioned structure enough.
I only wrote about the endings of all four in my conclusion :s-smilie:
Reply 12
NeedPapers
Did anyone do short stories out of interest? I done question 1 for that!

yeh I did Chemistry with Flight. I wrote about relationship changing in chemistry-Ralph taking charge. Food used symbolic to show power changing in house-relationsip of mother and boy changing with grand father
In flight I wrote about the grandfather and how his relationship with his grand daughter change. Then I wrote about symbolism of birds etc

what did you write about/?
Reply 13
Yeh did Q21!

A field mouse, Tichbornes elegy, Death of a naturalist, Sonnet (i love to see the summer)
Reply 14
Q) how are parents presented?
A) As gay biatches with no lives
NeedPapers
I chose Flight. You could have chosen The End of Something, Flight, Paula Brown, Your shoes or even Growing Up.

I wrote about relationships in general but also about ending of relationships.

Should be fine.

My analysis was about the conflict between nature and humans
like in Clarke, humans harm nature
in Heaney's at a potato digging its the otherway round, as in patrolling barnegat, but in sonnet its about the beauty of nature. yeah pretty crap though im not sure if mine even made sense - i had no time to re-read.
Reply 16
cuteyno1
yeh I did Chemistry with Flight. I wrote about relationship changing in chemistry-Ralph taking charge. Food used symbolic to show power changing in house-relationsip of mother and boy changing with grand father
In flight I wrote about the grandfather and how his relationship with his grand daughter change. Then I wrote about symbolism of birds etc

what did you write about/?

same..same more on structure and language though. Also loads on themes and characters
Coke Or Pepsi
My analysis was about the conflict between nature and humans
like in Clarke, humans harm nature
in Heaney's at a potato digging its the otherway round, as in patrolling barnegat, but in sonnet its about the beauty of nature. yeah pretty crap though im not sure if mine even made sense - i had no time to re-read.

I wrote about the exact same theme, that's reassuring (Y)

Meh, I think I flopped my Short Stories though :s-smilie:
LOL i did LOTF. dw i flopped. we'll all flop together.
I did the same question but chose:
The Field Mouse
Storm on the Island
Patrolling Barnegat
Sonnet

The latter two were my strongest poems and easy to write about but I don't know why I went for Storm on the Island. I did get some comparisions about destruction of the land and how barren it is. However, in my conclusion, I made up some whacko of a personal response stating how The Field Mouse and Storm on the Island were indicators of the damage of war and that the raw power, as displayed in Patrolling Barnegat, and the admiration for it could cause such disaster. I then went onto say that Sonnet was the only form of peace and that it stuck out from the other three...
(Yeah...Even I don't rate my chances highly!)

I hope the examiner like waffle...I'm sure he/she gets enough of it anyway

Latest