The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I bear witness that Allah exist.
The prophet Muhammed (PBUH) is his messenger.
Islam is peace ( eventhough some people have ruined its meaning)
Reply 2
Ma.Cl.

basically.
Reply 3
you shouldnt try to trivialise a religion by asking its believers to sum it up in three sentences, its like if someone asks you to describe yourself in three words, may sound right to you but it doesn't give even a fraction of the bigger picture
Reply 4
I see what she means...there is much more to it than jus 3 sentences
Reply 5
Dr_HI
you shouldnt try to trivialise a religion by asking its believers to sum it up in three sentences, its like if someone asks you to describe yourself in three words, may sound right to you but it doesn't give even a fraction of the bigger picture

I dont think it trivialises it. By even asking about a religion shows that you have interest and therefore gives it importance.

I am only asking about the major beliefs obviously.

stating core beliefs are not exactly a complex subject.
Reply 6
Maybe stating the core beliefs are not a complex subject but there are way more than three, at the end of the day its also a lifestyle so how can there only be three? It's great you're interessted, if more people took an interest in other beliefs there would be less hatred and ignorance, sorry if I sounded rude before, I didn't mean to.

Thank you Ma.Cl. I'm glad someone understands me and I'm not just rambling nonsensically :smile:
Reply 7
tbh OP you asking for core beliefs is bull*.....most religions have the same core beliefs ....One God, a holy book (usually the word of god), some core principles such as no stealing, lying, killing etc..

What makes Islam different is its depth, so asking us to summarize Islam in a couple of words isnt going to do it any justice, its just going to seem the same as every other religion. By depth I mean there is soo much in Islam that you can actually start a civilization on just islamic teachings for example teachings on economics etc.

*what i meant by bull - is that if you want to find out about Islam you should go read into it into more depth. If you just look at core beliefs then Islam will just seem the same as the other abhrehamic religions
Reply 8
thegreatest=genius :biggrin:
Reply 9
thegreatest
tbh OP you asking for core beliefs is bull.....most religions have the same core beliefs ....One God, a holy book (usually the word of god), some core principles such as no stealing, lying, killing etc..

What makes Islam different is its depth, so asking us to summarize Islam in a couple of words isnt going to do it any justice, its just going to seem the same as every other religion. By depth I mean there is soo much in Islam that you can actually start a civilization on just islamic teachings for example teachings on economics etc.

It is possible yes. I mean there are degrees in Islamic studies and law etc. Countries that follow and live by the meaning of Islan e.g. Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates..

Let me kno if I got the wrong idea of what you are saying
Ma.Cl.

In simple terms, yes.:yep:
Ma.Cl.
It is possible yes. I mean there are degrees in Islamic studies and law etc. Countries that follow and live by the meaning of Islan e.g. Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates..

Let me kno if I got the wrong idea of what you are saying

Ye the countries mentioned dont abide by proper islamic law....they just make up laws to suite the dictatorships of the royal families.

A proper islamic civlization would firstly be a democracy {islam was first civlization to exhibit a democracy}, and also the laws would all be fair etc.. Saudi Arabic has ridic laws such as no women drivers wth!

The proper islamic civlilzation abiding by proper islamic beliefs was soo great, that it was 900 years more advanced than any other society at the time (advanced as in ...technology wise, science wise ...art wise etc..). {this was when Europe was in the dark ages}. Sadly due to corruption etc ..it fell apart...but had they upheld proper Islamic values..this would not be the case.
teashoci
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Muslims are good at lying through their yellow teeth.

sharia law is not peace. islamic states are not peaceful. beating woman is not peacful. Blowing up people on a bus stop is not peaceful.

an eye for an eye is not peaceful.

Oh look, it's the same Islamaphobe again.

Yellow teeth? Another sterotype.

Some parts of Sharia law are excellent, some may be viewed as not.

Islam does not teach people to blow people up or carry out terrorist attacks. You will also find, suicide is not permissible in Islam. Extremists take thinks out of context, manipulate it for their own liking and go on the stupid missions which are magnified by the media making the whole followers (1billion+) look bad.

And lastly, if your entire family had been shot by a man or somebody stabbed your eyes out, how would you feel? Would you like the person to get released in a few years? You probarbly would want the same to happen to them. Eye for an eye in some circumstances would be appropriate, perhaps not in Britian though.
I'm Muslim and trust me I'm not planning on blowing myself up anytime soon. :rofl:
Reply 14
thegreatest
Ye the countries mentioned dont abide by proper islamic law....they just make up laws to suite the dictatorships of the royal families.

A proper islamic civlization would firstly be a democracy {islam was first civlization to exhibit a democracy}, and also the laws would all be fair etc.. Saudi Arabic has ridic laws such as no women drivers wth!

The proper islamic civlilzation abiding by proper islamic beliefs was soo great, that it was 900 years more advanced than any other society at the time (advanced as in ...technology wise, science wise ...art wise etc..). {this was when Europe was in the dark ages}. Sadly due to corruption etc ..it fell apart...but had they upheld proper Islamic values..this would not be the case.

I understand what you mean. Thanks for broadening my horizons a bit ( no sarcasm lol)
Ok just got a PM from the OP saying the following :

"If you knew anything about Islam maybe you wouldnt b so stupid as to not realise that the beauty of islam is that it can be summed up in 3 sentences.

Unlike christianity or other religions,

You shouldnt b so agressive to people askin Qs about Islam. You are constantly being judged by others, as a muslim"

Firstly I would just like to say ........if you mean by the 3 sentences-->

If you were a non-muslim and you looked at this...you would think what a load of tut. And you can make 3 sentences about christianity aswel....infact you can make 3 words....The son, the fahter and the holy spirit......

These sentences mean nothing to a non-believer! You need to understand all the depth behind Islam to make sense of these statements.

Also im sorry if i came across as aggresive...its just that it annoys me that...you try and make such a beuatiful, truthful, logical, deep religion into 3 sentences. If you had a diamond and you wanted to reveal it to people...why would you cover it up and conceal it!!!
Ma.Cl.

replace the last one justice > peace.
Reply 17
Believe that there is only one God.
Believe that Muhammad (pbuh) is his final prophet.
Don't blow yourself up.
Reply 18
thegreatest
most religions have the same core beliefs ....One God, a holy book (usually the word of god)

The majority of religions are probably not monotheistic, actually.

thegreatest
some core principles such as no stealing, lying, killing etc..

Again, religions have quite different stances on these issues. For example, whereas Christianity opposes the murder of gay people or people who have pre or extra-martial sexual relations, Islam demands such killings.

thegreatest
What makes Islam different is its depth

As oppose to Christianity?
Reply 19
Dr_HI

Really?

I believe I can enclose the 'big picture' of ALL world religions past, present and future in their entirety in just one word:

Nonsense.

Latest

Trending

Trending