The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
zohaib01
we mostly changed the way Britian is shaped mostly due to its culture we introduced the curry and we have been in this country for nearly 300 years when only in 1950's did the numbers begin to increase

also we contribute to sport Amir Khan, Prince Naseem, Muhammad Ali, and i also belive Tu-pac shakur converted to islam(correct me if im wrong)

politics - Lord Nazir Ahmad

islam is also spreading its teachings of peace and contribution to charity through charity such as Muslim hands islamic relief

They're contributing because they're good at sports, not because they're Muslim.
Reply 61
Kagutsuchi
But the OP can't list any valid contributions that we apparently "mock and demean".

Well clearly looking at some of his posts, it does look like he can't express himself very well. But what he was meant to say was, why are there so many people on TSR who hate on Islam/Muslims ?
Reply 62
well in that case i can honestly say that islam has not contruibted as much as chrisitanity but it has been in the uk for longer but as chritanity islam preaches the same teachings i.e love thy neighbour
zohaib01
we mostly changed the way Britian is shaped mostly due to its culture we introduced the curry and we have been in this country for nearly 300 years when only in 1950's did the numbers begin to increase

also we contribute to sport Amir Khan, Prince Naseem, Muhammad Ali, and i also belive Tu-pac shakur converted to islam(correct me if im wrong)

islam is also spreading its teachings of peace and contribution to charity through charity such as Muslim hands islamic relief

The islamic faith did not introduce "the curry". :rolleyes:

They are PEOPLE playing sports. You cannot say, "See! They're muslims! The islamic faith is helping society!"

As far as i've heard, lord Nazir Ahmad did nothing but talk and introducte some anti-semitism book... he was also expelled for dangerous driving wasn't he? :confused: My mind wanders. But he never actually introducted any reforms, so yes, he was a prominent figure, but helping British society? no.

Fair enough, charities are certainly a way to advocate peace and care.
Reply 64
Kagutsuchi
But the OP can't list any valid contributions that we apparently "mock and demean".

tbh shut up your making yourself sound like such an idiot, by just constantly contradicting yourself.

and i am not going to argue with you, cause i cannot be bothered to waste my time, just thought id say how much of an idiot you seem
Reply 65
itzme
These ideas are not ridiculous, some Muslims are just annoyed that so many Westerners believe what the media says (which is controlled by the West). I am studying politics and I can tell you that I came across statements like 'women and men are not equal in Islam', 'why should we accept Sharia law in Britain?', 'Ayan Hirsi Ali is hated by Muslims because she quit Islam'...
I really hate the one about Shariah Law: British people will NOT have to embrace it, it's just for Muslims who would feel more comfortable with Shariah Law than with British Law. Students in my class could not believe when I said I'd rather have my case dealt according to the teachings of Islam. They simply do not understand that as a Muslim and a non-Westerner, British Law is not always appropriate (please do not be offended, but our values are different on MANY aspects).
Ayan Hirsi Ali is hated because she insults Islam and spreads lies about our religion. There is a clear distinction between freedom of expression and freedom to offend!
People do not say directly that they do not like Islam, they simply have incorrect perceptions of this beautiful religion. But I have to say that those who do not act in accordance with Islam are giving us a bad image.

Okay I completely understand your argument.
It's just what I meant by "Ridiculous ideas" were threads like "Should this country be renamed the Islamic Republic of Britain?".
Those things I just cannot accept.
maxfire
*are

thank you!!
zohaib01
well in that case i can honestly say that islam has not contruibted as much as chrisitanity but it has been in the uk for longer but as chritanity islam preaches the same teachings i.e love thy neighbour

Are you saying that Islam has been in the UK longer than Christianity?
Reply 68
by mock and demean i ment how the light is put on negative activites carried out by small minorites e.g. terriost atacks and the fact emphasied that it was a MUSLIM person
Reply 69
zohaib01

How the hell is curry Islamic? Firstly, it's cultural. Secondly, I think you are missing out the large Indian (who are mainly Hindus I might add) influence on curry cuisine within the UK.

zohaib01

Yes, clearly a few sports people are fantastic ambassadors for Islam's contribution and 'shaping' of Britain, when they performed well not because of their indoctrinated beliefs, but their own talents. I could drop names of Christians who have 'shaped' Britain, which would most definitely trump your feeble list, but there is little point as these people did not achieve such great things due to their religion, but their own personal ability.

zohaib01

Yes, the same man whose texting within a car led to another person's death, and who threatened to storm the House of Lords with thousands of Muslims in an attempt to prevent freedom of speech. Great ambassador for Islam. :rolleyes:
sam854
tbh shut up your making yourself sound like such an idiot, by just constantly contradicting yourself.

and i am not going to argue with you, cause i cannot be bothered to waste my time, just thought id say how much of an idiot you seem

Your face is stupid and your penis is tiny.

I'm sorry, aren't we insulting with no evidence to back us up?
Reply 71
Kagutsuchi
Are you saying that Islam has been in the UK longer than Christianity?

no other way :s-smilie: i said christianity has been in the uk much longer therefore it has contributed more! as you said!
Reply 72
All religions get hated on here, why should Islam be any different?
Moabubaker
Well clearly looking at some of his posts, it does look like he can't express himself very well. But what he was meant to say was, why are there so many people on TSR who hate on Islam/Muslims ?

That's an easy answer:

Because people disagree with Islam or just dislike it due to external influences.

But he mentioned contributions - as if to paint Islam in some "I help you but you treat me like ****" light.
Reply 74
Gorgon
How the hell is curry Islamic? Firstly, it's cultural. Secondly, I think you are missing out the large Indian (who are mainly Hindus I might add) influence on curry cuisine within the UK.

Yes, clearly a few irrelevant sports people are fantastic ambassadors for Islam's contribution and 'shaping' of Britain, when they performed well not because of their indoctrinated beliefs, but their own talents. I could drop names of Christians who have 'shaped' Britain, which would most definitely trump your feeble list, but there is little point as these people did not achieve such great things due to their religion, but their own personal ability.

Yes, the same man who's texting within a car led to another person's death, and who threatened to storm the House of Lords with thousands of Muslims in an attempt to prevent freedom of speech. Great ambassador for Islam. :rolleyes:

well it obviously looks like you've prepared your self to argue agaisnt anything i could say to defend the islamic culture

fyi pakisatn and india were one country at one poin so what is as much as theres is as much as ares
Reply 75
Kagutsuchi
What have the islamic faith contributed to Britain?

Ridiculous question, what has any faith contributed to the country?
zohaib01
no other way :s-smilie: i said christianity has been in the uk much longer therefore it has contributed more! as you said!

Good. Use correct grammar.
extn
Ridiculous question, what has any faith contributed to the country?

*sigh*

Read the posts after that before replying.

Read the OP's first post:

zohaib01
I have only been on this forum for elss than a month and already come across some extremist hating on the islamic culture mocking and demining thier contribution to the brisitsh society i would love to name and shame but i dont think i am allowed but why cant people accept that we are harding working and conderate to other peoples values and stuff you see in the media is being shown to you for a reason!!

I was not attacking, I was asking. :rolleyes: Not a ridiculous question. A ridiculous assumption on your part.

EDIT: As aforementioned, Christianity has shaped Britain to the country it is today. Perhaps you should read the posts in the thread before making conclusions.
Reply 78
Kagutsuchi
*sigh*

Read the posts after that before replying.

Read the OP's first post:

I was not attacking, I was asking. :rolleyes: Not a ridiculous question. A ridiculous assumption on your part.

EDIT: As aforementioned, Christianity has shaped Britain to the country it is today. Perhaps you should read the posts in the thread before making conclusions.

I don't think Islams contribution to English community is the purpose of this thread.

You've taken it on an unnecessary and off topic tangent.
zohaib01
well it obviously looks like you've prepared your self to argue agaisnt anything i could say to defend the islamic culture

fyi pakisatn and india were one country at one poin so what is as much as theres is as much as ares

Woah. So you're admitting that you can't defend the Islamic culture?

Latest

Trending

Trending