The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

y ashamed wats bad about kurds , human beins
holocaust happened.
two state solution.
now get over yourselves
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
Saladin was born in (modern day) Iraq to a Kurdish family

Yep its a Zionist conspiracy :top: First they steal palestine, next they change Saladin's ethnicity... its all part of the master plan. :yep:

Are you drunk? :lolwut:

shush u jew lover or even may i say so a jew, yeah its a conspiracy i tell you. jews ayy , how wonerful the world will be without them.hmmmmmmmmm
I back the palestinians. What they (by they I mean the people who decided to give Palestine to the Israelis) was wrong. I'm pretty sure it was Britain that did it. I'm going to take a wild guess here...if Iran decided a group of arabs needed a country of their own and gave them England, then brought their huge army and forced half of Britain out of their homes, you wouldn't be too happy, would you? It sickens me to think people can do that and actually think it's ok.

EDIT: Holocaust deniers are crazy, seriously. I'd kind of understand if this was atleast 300 years after it happened , but now?!? The first time I heard about them I was actually incredulous someone could actually think that.
Reply 24
hardcoretophat
I back the palestinians. What they (by they I mean the people who decided to give Palestine to the Israelis) was wrong. I'm pretty sure it was Britain that did it.

Im pretty sure 'they' decided to split the land into a Jewish and Palestinian-Arab nation. The Palestinians chose genocide and payed for the consequences.
Neville'Facking'Bartos
Are you drunk?

He's not allowed. replace 'drunk' with 'high on smack' and you're in the right direction
:yep:
Reply 26
WarmEye
I am currently engaging in a fight on Facebook against people who are vehemently against Israel and the Holocaust. The name of the group is "**** Israel and their Holocaust ********".

Ok, yes I am a Jew. I obviously have bias towards Israel. But these are people who flatly deny that the Holocaust ever happened which is an insult to the memories of those who died during the time.

What is your stance on the subject? Do you feel that Israel does/doesn't deserve its own country whatsoever? Do you back the Israelis or the Palestinians? Should the Palestinians get their own country now when they refused it 60 years ago?

I agree with you. There is no evidence at a that says the Holocaust didn't happen. We know it did.
Axes
Im pretty sure 'they' decided to split the land into a Jewish and Palestinian-Arab nation. The Palestinians chose genocide and payed for the consequences.

Right, and what did they do to the Palestinians living in the 'Israeli' half? They kicked them out of their homes. Do you REALLY expect them to say "oh, you want to give our land to a bunch of jews? (not intended in a racist way, but that's what happened) Go ahead ^^ whatever, I'll just go move my whole family to the other side of the country and see if I can find another house." You can't seriously penalise them for putting up a fight. YOU would. Just because the holocaust happened doesn't mean they have the right to land that wasn't theirs in the first place.
Reply 28
I support both sides' desires for a state equally; I try not to differentiate between people, and believe in the idea of self determination and the freedom of self government. However I believe a "state" does not initially hinge on land: to create a state a nation usually has to demonstrate that it is ready to have one. Jews were able to immigrate in palestine because the existing population lacked proper institutions, and then form a state themselves by creating institutions.

The palestinians deserve a state too and, to put it simply, I just wish they had got their act together and created the necessary conditions in the past (it might not be realistic to expect this of them now, in their current circumstances). I suppose the key point is that you can't expect to be given a state - you have to simply create one, as the jews did in mandate palestine under the british, by constructing proper institutions (e.g. a functioning judicial system, a legislative chamber, an efficient and fair police force etc) and becoming reasonably self sufficient.

Based on this theory I would have supported civil unrest in the territories, and possibly violence against military targets, if it was clear that the palestinians were capable of running their society without anarchy, and if they demonstrated that they would not threaten israel once they had a state. Unfortunately in my view neither of these conditions were met - terrorism against civilians was the primary weapon of the PA for most of its history, and Abbas demonstrated that despite renouncing violence he could not police his society effectively, for example being unable to control militant factions. That said the situation in the West Bank does seem to have changed in the last few years; I am optimistic regarding the creation of a palestinian state in the nearish future (although I am afraid Abbas might simply be continuing Arafat's "phased strategy").

Regarding israel's policies, I support many, and can understand most of the rest. Based on its history, geographical location and small population Israel does not have the luxury of being able to be lenient, and in the past its conduct has been largely excellent in my opinion. The rise of the right in the 1980s brought about a change which I do not necessarily approve of (settlement construction in areas not realistically contiguous with Israel, or in palestinian towns, was in my view wrong and stupid, and recent military conduct has thrown up a few issues regarding the conduct of individuals which I found disturbing, for example).

Most people seem to see israel as a priah (at least in Britain), however I don't support Israel despite my belief in civil rights, but because of it. I see israel as, on balance, good, and I believe the palestinians have the potential to make a similar society in the future (if only their leaders will let them).

------- Sorry for the epic long post: i found my self enjoying writing it, and so set out my current views in detail. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, and I have not evidenced my statements because that would just be too long: if you have an unusual or interesting question please ask it, but I am not really interested in the whole "drove them from their homes", "bombing children", "zionists were terrorists" thing as that has been done to death. Cheers
but people you should take everything into prespective. isreal was only created because god chose the land for the jews. and therefore the jews brought the british with there arterillary and man power to evacuate and make a country called isreal . But the thing is that the jews were massacred in the holocaust no one is rejecting but they are the most people to understand to what they are doing is wrong. a country called isreal is established what next, what about the palestinian people, guys isreal is trying to slow down the process of a palestinan state, palestinians have every right to through missiles on hayfa etc. because isreal evacuated there them from there own lands, and every hour done air attack . saudia arabia should teach them a lesson:tongue:. my ass all the arab leaders ae muppets
Reply 30
[QUOTE]
hardcoretophat
Right, and what did they do to the Palestinians living in the 'Israeli' half? They kicked them out of their homes.

Uhm, no they didn't. The land was to be split demographically, so relatively few Palestinians were to be in the Israeli part of the partition plan. Later, when the Palestinians ganged up on the fledging Israeli state with 6 other Arab armies, they lost and fled or were kicked out.

Do you REALLY expect them to say "oh, you want to give our land to a bunch of jews? (not intended in a racist way, but that's what happened) Go ahead ^^ whatever, I'll just go move my whole family to the other side of the country and see if I can find another house."

No one expected them to leave. The Palestinians within the Israeli state were to stay and receive full rights, just like the Jews in the Palestinian side of the mandate were supposed to stay where they were. Both got kicked out or fled during the war.

You can't seriously penalise them for putting up a fight. YOU would.

No, I wouldnt expect them to chose war because no one expected or planned to kick them out. In addition, they didnt chose to 'put up a fight', they chose attempted genocide of the jews in Palestine. They lost, deal with it.
Reply 31
A two way state is the only solution now.
Reply 32
SomeoneYoulike
shush u jew lover or even may i say so a jew, yeah its a conspiracy i tell you. jews ayy , how wonerful the world will be without them.hmmmmmmmmm

What have the Jews done wrong?
Not in the mood for this thread.
Jews - in the wrong.
Palestinians - in the wrong.
Both - in the wrong.

Will not elaborate; cba. Don't ask.
this conflict is taking up far too many front pages now.....
it's about time someone nuked the whole region
Axes
Uhm, no they didn't. The land was to be split demographically, so relatively few Palestinians were to be in the Israeli part of the partition plan. Later, when the Palestinians ganged up on the fledging Israeli state with 6 other Arab armies, they lost and fled or were kicked out. No one expected them to leave. The Palestinians within the Israeli state were to stay and receive full rights, just like the Jews in the Palestinian side of the mandate were supposed to stay where they were. Both got kicked out or fled during the war.

Uhm, yes they did. I've seen live footage of Palestians' houses being bulldozed. I've seen Palestinians talking about their experiences of being kicked out of their homes, seeing their friends and family killed. Look, there were already jews living in Palestine, all over Palestine, and it's the same with Palestinians. So if what you say is true then there wouldn't have BEEN an operation because nothing would've had to be changed. Jews were GIVEN their own country, Palestine. It wasn't their own before so how would they have made room for them all, other than kicking the Palestians out and into the Gaza strip? (which, by the way, is TINY) Palestine used to be filled with Palestinians all over the country. Now they're squished into the Gaza strip. How the heck is that fair? Let alone humane.

Axes
No, I wouldnt expect them to chose war because no one expected or planned to kick them out. In addition, they didnt chose to 'put up a fight', they chose attempted genocide of the jews in Palestine. They lost, deal with it.

There were already jews living in peace in Palestine. They didn't go around killing each other then, did they? No one would chose to fight unless they had a reason to. For example, their land being given to an Israeli government and being called Israel, and then being shoved into the Gaza strip.
hardcoretophat
out of their homes, you wouldn't be too happy, would you? It sickens me to think people can do that and actually think it's ok.

Please go learn some history.
SomeoneYoulike
y ashamed wats bad about kurds , human beins

Do you have any grasp of basic syntax?
Reply 38
Uhm, yes they did. I've seen live footage of Palestians' houses being bulldozed. I've seen Palestinians talking about their experiences of being kicked out of their homes, seeing their friends and family killed.

Cut the straw-man argument. You were not speaking of what's happening currently b ut rather the partition plan. The Palestinians were supposed to get their state right next to Israel. They chose attempted genocide.

Look, there were already jews living in Palestine, all over Palestine, and it's the same with Palestinians. So if what you say is true then there wouldn't have BEEN an operation because nothing would've had to be changed. Jews were GIVEN their own country, Palestine. It wasn't their own before so how would they have made room for them all, other than kicking the Palestians out and into the Gaza strip?

Because there wouldnt have been more than 300-400k Palestinians in the New Jewish state. Considering that this state currently has 7.5 million people residing in it, that wouldnt have posed a problem. They fled or were kicked out during and as a result of a war they imposed on Israel. Infact, in many communities, like Haifa, the jews pleaded with the Palestinians to stay. Had they not chosen to try and eradicate Palestine's Jews, they would have had a country 50 years ago.

(which, by the way, is TINY) Palestine used to be filled with Palestinians all over the country. Now they're squished into the Gaza strip. How the heck is that fair? Let alone humane.

Palestine used to have a population of 1.2 million Arabs in Gaza, the West bank, and the Israeli part of the mandate together. Is it fair that they fled or were driven out? No, it wasnt, just as it wasnt fair that every single community taken over by Arab armies in 1948 was ethnically cleansed. Is it tragic? Yes, but it is war, which they chose instead of peace.

There were already jews living in peace in Palestine. They didn't go around killing each other then, did they? No one would chose to fight unless they had a reason to. .

They chose war because they wanted the whole pie, and disagreed with any partition of Palestine. Thus, they chose to try and eradicate the jewish community of Palestine, and they were pretty clear about their intent. Poland kicked out its German minority after WW2, so did Turkey with its Greek minority. Countries/communities that are attacked with intent on Genocide tend not to be as kind.
anyone with their right mind would have rejected the partition plan considering it gave the European immigrants 55% of Palestinian lands. if that weren't enough the Zionist terrorists had captured many lands which weren't allocated to them before the arab Israeli war broke out. this war was not genocidal, Israel had to get the west's support and started spreading lies about how the Arabs wanted to commit genocide when all they wanted to do is let the Palestinians back to their homes.take this Ben-Gurion quote for instance

Until the British left, no Jewish settlement, however remote, was entered or seized by the Arabs, while the Haganah, under severe and frequent attack, captured many Arab positions and liberated Tiberias and Haifa, Jaffa and Safad" (Ben-Gurion, Rebirth and Destiny of Israel (N.Y.: Philosophical Library, 1954, p. 530).

he speaks about liberating Jaffa although it was allocated to the palestinians.

as a decedent of Palestinian refugees I'll never accept these ridiculous peace offers by the Israelis, and hopefully neither will the other Palestinians.

it's funny Israel's free pass card under the past Bush administration is gone
and now because Obama says stop expanding the illegal settlements [note: not evacuating them or anything ] they start saying obama is biased towards the Palestinians
lol

Latest

Trending

Trending