The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I had a French tutor for a bit - and that wasn't because I was particularly bad at it - well I was, but only because I had a big bust up with my school teacher and we barely spoke, hence I learnt nothing! He's helped me to improve my vocab - although obviously there's no point in getting one at this stage of the game! I was going to get a Maths one, which I would have actually needed, but the only ones around were old dodgy men who were losing their marbles! Haven't been on any 'revision courses', except for a few classes held in school, with about six people in!
i have a maths tutor as i got an E in my christmas mocks and i believe that if you wish to pass a subject especially a compulsary subject should be given extra help with it if they are failing xoxo
Had one for Chemistry in Year 10.

Boosted grade from B to A*. I'm happy :biggrin:
Reply 4
zhivago
although obviously there's no point in getting one at this stage of the game!
Oh no, I wasn't looking for one. It wouldn't be possible anyway, I was just wondering whether many people had had one. Good luck!
Reply 5
I had a maths tutor for a time last year. I did my GCSE a year early and felt, due to the limited time we had to cover the course, sometimes we glossed over areas I wasn't quite sure of. My maths tutor was amazing.

We spent time going over questions in past papers I had trouble with, which proved really helpful indeed. He explained circle theorems to me and showed me an alternative ways of doing things when I had little gripes with the versions I'd been taught in class.

I feel pretty happy in all of my other subjects and haven't had any outside help with my revision (what I've done of it!!) except for a handful of revision classes I've attended for history during lunchtimes.
Reply 6
I had personal tutor for english, but he was rly crappy. One day i went to him and he had hangover.he wasnt marking my work at all and all the time was giving excuses. I was paying to him 25 quid an hour, so i decided to stop, since I didnt see any improvement.
IZZY!
I had personal tutor for english, but he was rly crappy. One day i went to him and he had hangover.he wasnt marking my work at all and all the time was giving excuses. I was paying to him 25 quid an hour, so i decided to stop, since I didnt see any improvement.

i have a maths tutor and he only charges £10 but shes only a year above me at school he got an A*/A in additional maths and hes a mate and hes fantastic :biggrin: xoxo
Reply 8
He's also a she/he apparently! :wink: I've thought about that before actually - when you're in sixth form you could charge younger people for your services in your area of expertise (mine's English!). :tongue:
Reply 9
yer iv got maths and french tutors :smile: - maths is really helpful but french was only really good for practising the oral exam now we're just doing reading :frown:
zhivago
He's also a she/he apparently! :wink: I've thought about that before actually - when you're in sixth form you could charge younger people for your services in your area of expertise (mine's English!). :tongue:

And that isn't a bad idea.

I am just thinking that people won't necessarily trust a 6th former though!

Latest