The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have 6 out of 30. What do you guys do on your 'free blocks' apart from (studying)? Brcause I had absolutely nothing to do and just sat in the library and talked. :cool:
Reply 41
Out of 33 periods, 12 of mine are for "private study".
moonshine_1991
Are you a season ticket holder? I had to give mine up because I was meant to be going to uni :frown: .

Yeah I am, and I've renewed as well despite going to Uni!

The Hearts will always take priority:smile:
Steve-Bauer
Yeah I am, and I've renewed as well despite going to Uni!

The Hearts will always take priority:smile:

Are you going to Aberdeen though? £65 return every second week, I'm not made of money lol.
Reply 44
Nicolahaha
I have 6 out of 30. What do you guys do on your 'free blocks' apart from (studying)? Brcause I had absolutely nothing to do and just sat in the library and talked. :cool:

Talking is good:wink: you'll find you will do not much except chat even when you do have things to do (and you will end up with lots of things you should be doing:p:). Most of mine ended up with us descending into hysterical giggles and the librarian giving us evils. Don't underestimate the number of games you can come up with using just paper and a pen either...oh I miss unproductive study periods:frown:
moonshine_1991
Are you going to Aberdeen though? £65 return every second week, I'm not made of money lol.

Nah I'm only going to Stirling, so its a little cheaper for me to get home I suppose :p:

Good luck at Aberdeen!
Steve-Bauer
Nah I'm only going to Stirling, so its a little cheaper for me to get home I suppose :p:

Good luck at Aberdeen!

Good luck at Stirling! What are you going to study? I will be doing History.
None. /thread :frown: I'm doing two AHs and two Highers (one a crash) so it'll be fun with no free study time.
ArcadiaHouse
None. /thread :frown: I'm doing two AHs and two Highers (one a crash) so it'll be fun with no free study time.

But thats only 4 subjects, how can you have no free time?:s-smilie:
iaincarinish
But thats only 4 subjects, how can you have no free time?:s-smilie:

I'm doing Int 2 Media as well to fill a column, but I would rather have time to study for my other subjects.
ArcadiaHouse
I'm doing Int 2 Media as well to fill a column, but I would rather have time to study for my other subjects.

So, do you have to do 5 subjects? If that was the case in m school, half the year would have left :p:
iaincarinish
So, do you have to do 5 subjects? If that was the case in m school, half the year would have left :p:

Everyone must do five subjects except medicine/dentistry applicants, who are allowed study periods because "they are superior to their peers" (school's words, not mine).
Reply 52
ArcadiaHouse
Everyone must do five subjects except medicine/dentistry applicants, who are allowed study periods because "they are superior to their peers" (school's words, not mine).

That's outrageous if they said that - has anyone complained? IMO anyone doing more than 1 AH needs study time for projects/dissertations etc. due to the focus on the more independant nature of the courses!
Reply 53
ArcadiaHouse
"they are superior to their peers" (school's words, not mine).

Tell your school to go **** themselves. That's utterly ridiculous and not the kind of atmosphere a school should want to promote.
akj08
That's outrageous if they said that - has anyone complained? IMO anyone doing more than 1 AH needs study time for projects/dissertations etc. due to the focus on the more independant nature of the courses!

No one has complained, they just think it is what it is. My school's argument is that if one very bright person can cope with that amount of work with no free study time at school, then anyone can. :lolwut:
C274
Tell your school to go **** themselves. That's utterly ridiculous and not the kind of atmosphere a school should want to promote.

Lol, that was my thought exactly when they said that at the assembly. I was sitting with the people who are applying for medicine/dentistry and they left the hall all smiles, and everyone else looked really worried because they thought if they'd chosen one or more AHs, then they'd be eligible for study time. It's a very science-oriented school (if you want to do a non-science AH, you have to go to another school to do it), and they keep reminding us of how med/dentistry applicants are like gods, and the rest of us are just plebs in comparison. *shrug*

I asked the depute headmaster why my career choice should be seen as inferior or less worthy compared to anyone else's, and the school just said not to be ridiculous. I can't wait to get out of that dump.
Reply 56
I get 1 out of 30.
Reply 57
I have 22 free periods (40 minutes) out of 40 - including the whole of monday.
Reply 58
I have lots, 15 out of 30 periods free, woop! Im getting bored already though...
Yeah same! Ive got 15. Theres nothing to do!

Latest

Trending

Trending