The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 1
St.Andrews is ranked 7th in the Times Good University Guide whereas Leicester is ranked 33rd for Computer Science, St. Andrews is well-known, highly renowned institution. Despite being a soon-to-be Leicester student myself, in your position I'd go for St. Andrews.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh fine thanks a lot..
I'd recommend visiting the locations and seeing which you prefer - you have to live there, so it's important to like the place.

I think the Uni of Leicester is great, but I'm clearly biased.
Reply 4
Alright let us talk bout Leicester how are the job oppurtunities after compeltion of the course and are we able to get part time jobs is it easy to get part time jobs?

Manikandan
Well, it's the same as any other city in terms of jobs - lots of shops, etc, so part-time jobs are always available. That said, it's only easy to get a job (anywhere) if your CV / interview skills are any good. If they are, you shouldn't have a problem.

I have 2 jobs, one at the university, so there are always things around.
Reply 6
How about the food and cost of living.Is it expensive.Since I got admissions from St Andrews also I need to compare the thjngs. People tel that St Andrews is really costly.

Manikandan
Reply 7
you'd be a fool not to take st. andrews up on thier offer....not many people get offer for such a prestigious place. yes its expensive living there (so ive hear) but its worth it when later in life you can say "i got my masters from st. andrews!!"
Reply 8
I am Albert from Malaysia-Chinese, but now studying my Master at Hiroshima Uni, JAPAN. Most probably, I will be going to Univ of Leicester for my Double degree program. I wish to know how much is the range of the pay per hour for the Pert time jobs around Leicester? and Wat about the cost of Living at Leicester? Can I survive there by doing my Part time jobs? If I wanna find the most good pay job, what will you recommend(legal Jobs)?

You can reach my e-mail: [email protected]

Natasharox
Well, it's the same as any other city in terms of jobs - lots of shops, etc, so part-time jobs are always available. That said, it's only easy to get a job (anywhere) if your CV / interview skills are any good. If they are, you shouldn't have a problem.

I have 2 jobs, one at the university, so there are always things around.

Latest

Trending

Trending