The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Kevin02
Well ive been called today for Customer Service Agent job and they needed someone that could speak German Is the job good ?? Theres no interview at all, that lady told me that I need to start next week. Should I wear smart clothes ??

Thanks.

It depends on a number of things:

Full time or Part time?
Inbound or outbound?
Are you providing advice, selling a product, processing data/payments, dealing with complaints?
Who are you working for - agency, in-house team, outsourcing company?
Pay rate?
Benefits?
Will you be targeted and if so, how strict/difficult are the targets?
Will you be adequately trained.

Wear shirt, tie, trousers and shoes to be safe. Most call centres either say smart casual, or casual.

[EDIT] You can probably tell that I've worked in call centres before :p:
Reply 2
Mad Vlad
It depends on a number of things:

Full time or Part time?
Inbound or outbound?
Are you providing advice, selling a product, processing data/payments, dealing with complaints?
Who are you working for - agency, in-house team, outsourcing company?
Pay rate?
Benefits?
Will you be targeted and if so, how strict/difficult are the targets?
Will you be adequately trained.

Wear shirt, tie, trousers and shoes to be safe. Most call centres either say smart casual, or casual.

[EDIT] You can probably tell that I've worked in call centres before :p:

Reply 3
Kevin02
The company is Leyhausen International Call-Center UK

It's an outsourcing company by the looks of things. They basically fight for tenders from Government organisations and large corporations to run their customer service operations. They tend to have strict performance targets and service level agreements. The work tends to be repetitive and you can easily find yourself out of a job if they lose the contract that you're working on. The pay is generally competitive - usually £7-8/hr and they give performance bonuses and generally have benefits packages that you can take advantage of such as discounted private healthcare, share option schemes, season ticket loans, pension etc.

Go in with an open mind. They'll talk to you about the role further next week. If you have any questions about contact centre work, either quote me in this thread, or PM me. :smile:
Reply 4
Mad Vlad
It's an outsourcing company by the looks of things. They basically fight for tenders from Government organisations and large corporations to run their customer service operations. They tend to have strict performance targets and service level agreements. The work tends to be repetitive and you can easily find yourself out of a job if they lose the contract that you're working on. The pay is generally competitive - usually £7-8/hr and they give performance bonuses and generally have benefits packages that you can take advantage of such as discounted private healthcare, share option schemes, season ticket loans, pension etc.

Go in with an open mind. They'll talk to you about the role further next week. If you have any questions about contact centre work, either quote me in this thread, or PM me. :smile:

Its not a permanant job yeah lol. Its only for the summer. someone called me later send me a message with all the info ( Adress, shifts etc). This is what they have send me today.

Congratulations on securing your Assignment at Leyhausen International as a Market Researcher. You will be calling consumers and businesses to ask them to participate in a questionnaire.

Im really scared dont know what to do.

Edit: I have send a PM
Reply 5
Kevin02
Its not a permanant job yeah lol. Its only for the summer. someone called me later send me a message with all the info ( Adress, shifts etc). This is what they have send me today.

Congratulations on securing your Assignment at Leyhausen International as a Market Researcher. You will be calling consumers and businesses to ask them to participate in a questionnaire.

Im really scared dont know what to do.

Edit: I have send a PM

Ouch. It's outbound work, which is not great, if I'm honest. It'll be cold calling people and trying to get them to participate in a survey. You will be targetted on the number of people you successfully survey and the work will be jolly repetitive. As you'll be on a temporary contract, you'll be looking at a lesser wage than those on a full contract and you'll be thrown in at the deep end, most probably.

Have you got much experience in communicating with people over the phone in any of your previous jobs?
Reply 6
Mad Vlad
Ouch. It's outbound work, which is not great, if I'm honest. It'll be cold calling people and trying to get them to participate in a survey. You will be targetted on the number of people you successfully survey and the work will be jolly repetitive. As you'll be on a temporary contract, you'll be looking at a lesser wage than those on a full contract and you'll be thrown in at the deep end, most probably.

Have you got much experience in communicating with people over the phone in any of your previous jobs?

To be honest I have no communication experience at all.
Reply 7
Kevin02
To be honest I have no communication experience at all.

No worries. You'll pick it up pretty quickly. You just have to build up the confidence to talk to random strangers as if you're their best friend. After a week or so, you'll be picking up little tricks on how to keep people on the line and persuade them to answer your questionnaire. :smile:

It does help having previous telephone experience so that you can just hit the ground running, but they'll expect that many applicants won't have this and they'll give you training and guidance.

Latest

Trending

Trending