The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

meiming8
The most important question for us :biggrin:

just wondering what everyone's answers are? :smile:

Dr Cox
Reply 21
JCM89
I have the same birthday as Harold Shipman - it's fate that I become a medic.

aha, very insensitive, you should be ashamed.
Stratos
Sounds ludicrous xD as if you are addicted to helping in a sense that it doesn't sound human and sensible.

:facepalm:
Reply 23
because human biology is the shizz
because my psycometric profile thing the school made me do told me id be good at it
because i need a job that will challenge me, or ill get bored, be crap and hate it
because i found helping my great aunt when she was dying very rewarding, but also felt crap for not being able to do more
because people are interesting
etc
but most importantly.......
because i get to spend 5 years as a student :p:
Reply 24
Stratos
Sounds ludicrous xD as if you are addicted to helping in a sense that it doesn't sound human and sensible.

Reply 25
Degausser

I fail.
Reply 26
Because people are the bedrock of everything that happens to / for / around us, and the best way to understand and help them is to study them intensively.
Maybe?
Reply 27
But still it is enraging that footyball players get 10x of what medical graduates earn by playing footyball compared to handling complex surgery and mindnumbing research.
lekky
I fail.

:console:
Reply 29
Yeah I was joking. Obviously doing medicine is worth it.
Reply 30
zdo0o
i hate when people say this.

if you worked in a company, and you did something to generate billions of pounds for them; wouldn't you exepct a ****load of cash?! i would.

footballers play on tv
the get watched by millions
adverts are on tv
adverts are around the pitch
adverts are ON THEIR SHIRTS

people don't say "ooh i wanna watch that mastercard ad"
they say "ooh i wanna watch steven gerrard today"

as a result, footballers generate billions for companies worldwide
why shouldn't they get a nice chunk of it? they're the ones doing the work; noone else is making us stare at those ads, the footballers are, and as a result the sponsors are benefiting, so of course they should earn in proportion to the money they generate for the job they do.

So its the corruption of the world and the people in itself.
Reply 31
zdo0o
huh?
how much should footballers earn then, and why?

meh footballers don't prolong life and quality of life only in the sense of entertainment. >< I say the same wage as a cleaner!
Reply 32
sex drugs and sick people

:jiggy: :awesome:
Reply 33
Degausser
The same four reasons everybody does; chicks, power, money and chicks..

was wondering how long it'd take someone to say that legend of a line...
in answer to the question: i'm indian. what else would i do?
lotusx
was wondering how long it'd take someone to say that legend of a line...
in answer to the question: i'm indian. what else would i do?

Another classic :rofl:
Reply 35
lotusx
i'm indian. what else would i do?

Pharmacy? Dentistry? :tongue:
Reply 36
Jonty99
I wish I could think of an answer, as I stare at the Word document which is blank except for the title "Personal statement" at the top...

Just start typing - even if it is utter garbage to begin with, at least you've started to put things down. You can reread/cringe/rewrite later....
Chimpyang
Just start typing - even if it is utter garbage to begin with, at least you've started to put things down. You can reread/cringe/rewrite later....

Lol I just skipped out the "why medicine" bit for now, and am doing the other paragraphs first cos they're easier. :p:
Beer, dead people and chicks. Same three reasons as any other self respecting man.
Reply 39
Top 10 wrong answers:

10) Respect
9) Money
8) Girls
7) Because I'm really inspired by [real-life doctor here]
6) I didn't really know what to do with my life, so spending the next 5 years as a student seemed like a good idea.
5) Because I want to be like Dr House/Carter/Grey...
4) Because the school assessment said I should
3) Because Mummy said I should
2) Free pills
1) Playing God with people's lives, mwahahaha!

Latest

Trending

Trending