The Student Room Group

Nurse Wanting To Study Medicine

I'm currently in my 3rd year as a nursing student. I just want to know if there's any med school that will allow to study medicine even though I did not do maths, physics and chemistry in high school. I'd also like to know if you guys know if any med school takes nurses' qualifications into consideration when they apply to study medicine. It doesn't matter where in the world it is.

you can reply to this thread or email me at MOD edit: e-mail address removed

Thanks.
From Jaynty
You could try graduate entry or a foundation course.
Reply 2
I'm certain there will be a route in for you somewhere- even if it means you have to take extra classes to do the alevels after you graduate.

Good luck!
Reply 3
My friend did a nursing degree and is now going into 2nd year med St Andrews
Reply 4
No Future
My friend did a nursing degree and is now going into 2nd year med St Andrews

thanks. do you know how your friend got there? if possible, can you bring me in contact with her? or him
thanks
Jaynty
thanks. do you know how your friend got there? if possible, can you bring me in contact with her? or him
thanks

Probably through graduate entry, as I said in my previous post.
Reply 6
Leicester is big on people that have done caring degrees. Work really hard and get a first, and then work for a year for the experience before applying it will greatly strengthen your application as grad entry medicine is really competitive. I'd work for a year and then apply through graduate entry.
dont apply for foundation degrees, as you already have higher education experience. Get a first degree and attempt either 5 or GEM entry.

Latest

Trending

Trending