The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Canada Girl
Help! Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask in the specific subject tests (particularly for law). I'm being tested in Canada...
Thx.

Hey Ive just rang the admissions office and they said that it will be in essay form.. mostly logic and reasoning. You don't really need to have any knowledge about law and they said you can't prepare!
Reply 2
Elle
Hey Ive just rang the admissions office and they said that it will be in essay form.. mostly logic and reasoning. You don't really need to have any knowledge about law and they said you can't prepare!

Essay form???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tell me more about it...what did they say would be on it etc....
Reply 3
*dave*
Essay form???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tell me more about it...what did they say would be on it etc....

if you are reluctant to write essays, why apply for Law?
Reply 4
Blamps
if you are reluctant to write essays, why apply for Law?

Im not reluctant, I would have just prefered it to be more like a skills assessment test.

Essays give you more opportunities to go wrong lol

And why the long face blamps ...
Reply 5
*dave*
Im not reluctant, I would have just prefered it to be more like a skills assessment test.

what long face???...the essays are a test of skills...rational and logical thinking for one, so really there is not necessarily a right or wrong answer
Reply 6
Blamps
what long face???...the essays are a test of skills...rational and logical thinking for one, so really there is not necessarily a right or wrong answer

You wrote your last post as if you were very grumpy .. maybe it was just the impression i got.

God, what make you queen of the world all of a sudden. All I was saying is that the prospect of a test essay in which my application hinges on was a liiiiitle bit scary.....maybe you cant empathise cos you dont have a soul?
Reply 7
Blamps

it is hard to test argumentative skills in other forms
Reply 8
*dave*

If you were applying next year Law interviews will be based on a skills assessment test - tough luck!
Reply 9
yawn1
If you were applying next year Law interviews will be based on a skills assessment test - tough luck!

Really?

Bugger lol
Reply 10
Blamps
it is hard to test argumentative skills in other forms

I hope it is argumentative skills cos I can do them ... I just dont like the thought of an examined, timed essay ... alrite woman?
Reply 11
*dave*
You wrote your last post as if you were very grumpy .. maybe it was just the impression i got.

God, what make you queen of the world all of a sudden. All I was saying is that the prospect of a test essay in which my application hinges on was a liiiiitle bit scary.....maybe you cant empathise cos you dont have a soul?

I am not the Queen of the world...I sympathise with on not wanting to do essays and anyway, it does not hinge on that alone...just get on with it
Reply 12
*dave*
I hope it is argumentative skills cos I can do them ... I just dont like the thought of an examined, timed essay ... alrite woman?

no you Dave, no ...who was the one creaking in his boots?
Reply 13
Blamps
no you Dave, no ...who was the one creaking in his boots?

What? I didnt get any of that?
Reply 14
*dave*
What? I didnt get any of that?

Well, you called me a Woman yet you are scared at the prospect of an essay k?
Reply 15
Blamps

Are you a woman? If you are then I was only saying the truth? If you are a man, Ill rephrase my post:

I hope it is argumentative skills cos I can do them ... I just dont like the thought of an examined, timed essay ... alrite man?
Reply 16
Blamps

Are you at cambridge or have you ever sat a cambridge entrance test?
Reply 17
*dave*
Are you a woman? If you are then I was only saying the truth? If you are a man, Ill rephrase my post:

I hope it is argumentative skills cos I can do them ... I just dont like the thought of an examined, timed essay ... alrite man?

I am a homaphrodite :biggrin:
Reply 18
*dave*
Are you at cambridge or have you ever sat a cambridge entrance test?

No, I am applying to Oxford who have an entrance paper too but, to be honest, I am not scared
Reply 19
Blamps
No, I am applying to Oxford who have an entrance paper too but, to be honest, I am not scared

God! Are you human?

Latest

Trending

Trending