The Student Room Group

McDonalds - On job Evaluation

Ok, so after applying to six different McDonald's in my area, one has finally put me through to the next stage:smile: I have this OJE on Friday, for anyone that has gone through this what is it exactly? Is it just greeting customers and processing their order? I've heard that they might not bother with this and just interview you instead.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
shirley7
Ok, so after applying to six different McDonald's in my area, one has finally put me through to the next stage:smile: I have this OJE on Friday, for anyone that has gone through this what is it exactly? Is it just greeting customers and processing their order? I've heard that they might not bother with this and just interview you instead.

I was made to stand at the door and say "Thankyou, bye" or "Hello" and also had to ask people if their meal was okay. Someone i know had to help children with colouring though so i guess it varies.
Reply 2
I never did one. The manager said she didn't like putting people under unneccessary pressure because you'd have no clue how to work the till at first sight. So I just got a 'tour' of the whole place.

My friend did one in another store, and he just took orders for 20 minutes will someone collected the food for him.
I got to give out balloons :smile:
I'm a Customer Care Assistant at one by me
Reply 4
All they do is put you behind the till, you say "Hi, what can I get you?" and a worker will put the order in the till. I'm not sure if I did it, but try to remember to ask what size, such as if someone orders a meal go "Is that a large?" --they love upselling! And remember to smile, they love smilers (you wouldn't think that but they do!) Then they might make you get the fries and some of the order together

I had mine after my interview, and after going through a few customers, that will be it! :smile:
Laurah5498
I got to give out balloons :smile:
I'm a Customer Care Assistant at one by me

What's your pay like ? if yo udon't mind me asking :p:
Maximum Velocity
What's your pay like ? if yo udon't mind me asking :p:

I get £5.75 an hour :smile:
Reply 7
I just got rejected by McDs HQ for my application at my old store at which I worked for 6 years, 4 as a floor manager. I got an email from head office which said:

Dear XXXXXX,

Thanks for applying for the position of Crew Member.

We’ve got a rigorous selection process at McDonald’s and on this occasion, after careful consideration, we’re sorry to inform you that we will not be inviting you to attend the next stage of the recruitment process.

It’s part of our policy that we don’t give out specific reasons why an individual has not been successful, but we thank you for your interest and wish you every success in the future.

Kind regards,

McDonald’s Recruitment Team

I think it had something to do with my answers to "What do you like to do in your spare time?" and "What was your proudest achievement?" being "Touch myself" and "Learning to wipe my own arse".

I thought it went straight to the store and it'd brighten their day... Oops!
Reply 8
shirley7
Ok, so after applying to six different McDonald's in my area

why do you want to work in McDonald's so much?
Reply 9
Lit Up!
why do you want to work in McDonald's so much?

I've applied to other places but it's so hard to get a part-time job. I wanted to maximise my chances so I applied to as many McD's as possible.
Laurah5498

Is that a lot. Was that your initial salary when you first joined , how old where you when you joined ?.
I never had to do it as i started before all this applying on the internet etc came in.
No one who works with me had to take orders, give out baloons etc (or do any of the other things others have mentioned). They just got interviews and got shown around the place it think.
shirley7
I've applied to other places but it's so hard to get a part-time job. I wanted to maximise my chances so I applied to as many McD's as possible.

Most of the McD's in my area actually all have the same recruitment manager anyway...
Laurah5498

Thats a lot, how come you got that much?
Reply 14
after their 'thorough' selection process I didnt get a job :P good in the end now i am a lab tech £6.20 an hour, dont have to serve chavs/get looked down on by everybody
Maximum Velocity
Is that a lot. Was that your initial salary when you first joined , how old where you when you joined ?.

I was put in that wage straight away and I joined about 2 months ago being 18 :smile:
I get paid more because I'm not a Crew Member. I'm not till trained but I can clean loo's like there's no tomorrow xD
Emma:-)
Thats a lot, how come you got that much?

Cause I'm out on the floor and not behind the tills. I'm a glorified cleaner really xD
Laurah5498
I was put in that wage straight away and I joined about 2 months ago being 18 :smile:
I get paid more because I'm not a Crew Member. I'm not till trained but I can clean loo's like there's no tomorrow xD

Lol , nice. I'm only fifteen , and I want a job so badly. I want money :frown:.
Maximum Velocity
Lol , nice. I'm only fifteen , and I want a job so badly. I want money :frown:.

I know the feeling. I'm only there for the summer. I'll probably try to transfer to the nearest one to whatever uni I'll end up at. I don't know if McDonalds will employ a 15 year old, have you got a National Insurance card?
Laurah5498
I know the feeling. I'm only there for the summer. I'll probably try to transfer to the nearest one to whatever uni I'll end up at. I don't know if McDonalds will employ a 15 year old, have you got a National Insurance card?

No. I done some research and apparently we get issued them at 15 and 9 months. Apparently restraunts/cafe's allow fifteen year olds to do some work. I'm not sure though. I just want money of my own , rather than relying on mummy ! lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending