The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I find endsleigh to be really good.
https://travel1.endsleigh.co.uk/studyabroad.aspx?icid=&CompanyID=&ReferralID=&agent=

Studying Abroad Cover
If you're planning to study abroad take a look at the special benefits we provide for periods of up to 12 months.

Cover includes...
24 hour English speaking helpline for medical emergencies
Hospital care and emergency dental treatment
The costs of returning you home if you are seriously ill or injured
Holidays and trips within your chosen cover area
Reimbursement of irrecoverable unused course fees following cancellation or curtailment of your course
Option to protect against theft, loss or damage for special valuable items and any computer equipment
:smile:
Try nomad, they are the company im using for my backpacking around asia: http://www.worldnomads.co.uk/
Reply 3
STA travel! im with them and on a gap year right now. theyre a big company so reliable, and are for students/young people so you get better deals.
Reply 4
I probably should have specified that I'm studying abroad for the full year, if that changes things at all. I'll take a look at these, thanks.
Reply 5
i'm in the same position, going to study in france. i've looked at endsleigh too and i think it does cover your stuff when they're on you or in your locked room. also could try going on the parents insurance too. i think there was also 'cover4students' when i browsed the internet
Where are you going?

I used AA general EU multi trip travel insurance and extended the policy to one which covered me for 90 days outside of the UK, as I worked out I'd be coming back within the 3 month period each time. I didn't want health stuff as my host country had a great NHS style system, so it was mainly for insuring me whilst I travelled around. Obviously if you're going to Australia you'll be coming back less often so it might not work, whereas I came back at Christmas and then for my birthday in semester two.
Reply 7
oxymoronic
Where are you going?

I used AA general EU multi trip travel insurance and extended the policy to one which covered me for 90 days outside of the UK, as I worked out I'd be coming back within the 3 month period each time. I didn't want health stuff as my host country had a great NHS style system, so it was mainly for insuring me whilst I travelled around. Obviously if you're going to Australia you'll be coming back less often so it might not work, whereas I came back at Christmas and then for my birthday in semester two.

Spain, so not too far away.

Latest

Trending

Trending