The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
AATTMM, its not, check AQA's website, it varies each year and i think averages about 37 out of 62, not 60, remember two marks for quality of written communication
Reply 21
Woah. If it's like 37/62 for an A that's a relief.

That means you could get 6 for all the short questions, and then get 6/18 for both of your essays and get an A :-P
Reply 22
Aired
Woah. If it's like 37/62 for an A that's a relief.

That means you could get 6 for all the short questions, and then get 6/18 for both of your essays and get an A :-P

:biggrin: yeah, i know! lifes not totally evile
Reply 23
To be honest though, I doubt I'll get 6/6 for all the short questions :-P

I'm totally confident about the attachment and memory module though, 57/62 in the mock! I'll probably do not so well in the stress and abnormality module, although research methods and social should be OK!
Reply 24
Aired
To be honest though, I doubt I'll get 6/6 for all the short questions :-P

I'm totally confident about the attachment and memory module though, 57/62 in the mock! I'll probably do not so well in the stress and abnormality module, although research methods and social should be OK!

wow thats amazing!!!!!! noone in my class has ever got higher than 50/62 and that was me! We did a 3 hour mock, it wasn't too bad, i got 77% overall, averaged 23/30. 3 hours isn't really that long, hand and elbow hurt after a bit though! I'm scared i won't do so well! 'cause in that i got 5 or 6 in all the short Qs and then usually 13 in the big one, highest i've ever got n a big one is 15 and that was relatively unrepeatable (EWT). There wasn't any Q that i really didn't know how to answer but looking over past papers on the internet :confused:

yeah i'm 'totally' confident about attachment, well i know everything we've ever bee given, if thats enough ? :confused:
Reply 25
Loopz
wow thats amazing!!!!!! noone in my class has ever got higher than 50/62 and that was me! We did a 3 hour mock, it wasn't too bad, i got 77% overall, averaged 23/30. 3 hours isn't really that long, hand and elbow hurt after a bit though! I'm scared i won't do so well! 'cause in that i got 5 or 6 in all the short Qs and then usually 13 in the big one, highest i've ever got n a big one is 15 and that was relatively unrepeatable (EWT). There wasn't any Q that i really didn't know how to answer but looking over past papers on the internet :confused:

yeah i'm 'totally' confident about attachment, well i know everything we've ever bee given, if thats enough ? :confused:

For the essays just really concentrate on evaluation - supporting studies, evaluation of supporting studies and overall evaluation of the theories involved. That's what we've been taught, and it's not uncommon for people to get 16+ on most essay questions in mocks.
So for example if you were asked to evaluate the maternal deprivation hypothesis you could include Bowlby's 44 theives, Hodges & Tizard's study of ex-institutionlized children, ferrel children, case studies (Genie and the Czech twins) and overall evaluation (i.e. Schaffer & Emerson's findings questioned the idea of monotropy).

Wow, I wish we get that question, lol :biggrin:
Reply 26
Aired
For the essays just really concentrate on evaluation - supporting studies, evaluation of supporting studies and overall evaluation of the theories involved. That's what we've been taught, and it's not uncommon for people to get 16+ on most essay questions in mocks.
So for example if you were asked to evaluation the maternal deprivation hypothesis you could include Bowlby's 44 theives, Hodges & Tizard's study of ex-institutionlized children, ferrel children, case studies (Genie and the Czech twins) and overall evaluation (i.e. Schaffer & Emerson's findings questioned the idea of monotropy).

Wow, I wish we get that question, lol :biggrin:

:eek: :eek: do you go to a really good school? everyone in my class sucks or maybe we're just marked harshly! yeah i did that Q in our mock. we've never done ferrel children- lol, i got 13 for it. i want EWT, anorexia causes, maternal dep or theories of attachment, stress management types maybe,

i'm worst on stress and social influence, apparently there should always be an 18 mark Q on ethics in social influence studies
Reply 27
Loopz
:eek: :eek: do you go to a really good school? everyone in my class sucks or maybe we're just marked harshly! yeah i did that Q in our mock. we've never done ferrel children- lol, i got 13 for it. i want EWT, anorexia causes, maternal dep or theories of attachment, stress management types maybe,

i'm worst on stress and social influence, apparently there should always be an 18 mark Q on ethics in social influence studies

I don't really like the ethics questions. Well, they're mainly OK apart from ones that are like "evaluate the use of ethical guidelines", lol.

Ferrel children are children who were abandoned as infants and raised by animals (i.e. wolves in one case). They are thought to have suffered privation, and in most cases psychologists were unable to teach them language skills.

I'm going to bed now, good luck in the exam tommorow! :smile:
Reply 28
Wow... all these As.. i'll be hapy to pass the bloody thing.. GOOD LUCK to everyone =)
Reply 29
jacko!
AATTMM, its not, check AQA's website, it varies each year and i think averages about 37 out of 62, not 60, remember two marks for quality of written communication

No way is it 60% for an A.
Reply 30
AATTMM, this page on the OCR website might help a bit:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/docroot/candparents/system/ums.jsp?anchorid=nav8

So the number of raw marks you need to get a particular UMS score varies from year to year, based on the perceived difficulty of the exam paper. You are right in saying you need 80 UMS marks out of 100 for an A, because that boundary never changes. However, the number of raw marks you need to get 80 UMS marks is the bit that varies.
Reply 31
Just to let you know in ur little debate in A2 PYA4 and PYA5 you need 31 out of 50 to goet an A an if you look on the website you will see this is 100% true. so come on

Latest

Trending

Trending