The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yea i agree about it being slightly harder. no-one seemed to know what the man's job was on the writing paper but the listening was quite good
Reply 2
I am with OCR, the papers were not hard but they werent easy either!
However the reading excercises were much easier than what has come up in previous years. The Cloze test was a bit harder than usual but still doable!
Reply 3
I got that he was the boss of an association of lighting in theatre....

sounds a bit random...

not as random as the grape stealer though!!
Reply 4
Biggest trick of all was that ressentir doesn't mean to resent...
Reply 5
but in context resent would have made no sense because you can't resent the benefits, you would resent the rest, so it wasn't that tricky.
Reply 6
oops.....
Reply 7
I thought the listening and reading were both quite hard. I had to really rush the end question in the listening and that 8 mark essay on extreme sports because I spent way too much time on question 3.
On the reading I found writing the essay ok, and managed to finish it in 15 minutes! (Not intentially - I just fuond it quite easy to think of ideas). Then I sat there and looked through my work, made a few changes and twiddled my thumbs for the rest of the time.
And for the mans job, I put a manager of the theatre and for the womans job - a dressmaker (I know thats completely wrong).
Reply 8
Yeah, I finished the reading one really early too... I found the first and second Q's much harder than the rest for some reason......
Reply 9
Yup, i especially didn't like the one where you had to find the equivelant french words - i'm useless at that, and it was 8 marks.
On that question about the beach in Paris, there was this question asking why the people weren't allowed to .... something beginning with b ? I just made up an answer and said it's bad for your health.
Reply 10
why they wernt allowed to swim in the Seine

I didn't know what all the words meant in the equivilent Q...... didn't help much.

Think I did ok though
Reply 11
i found the listening impossible didnt help that i ran out of time. reading and writing were ok ish but i really messed up the listening, anyone else find it hard or was that only me?????
I thought both papers were quite good, slightly harder than past papers though. I finished the reading in an hour, so I had another hour of just sitting there doing nothing :frown: Does anyone know what the equivalent of 'chefs' was? That one was driving me mad! I couldn't find it anywhere, so in the end I just put 'ouvriers', even though I know that meas workers.
Spiral
Yup, i especially didn't like the one where you had to find the equivelant french words - i'm useless at that, and it was 8 marks.
On that question about the beach in Paris, there was this question asking why the people weren't allowed to .... something beginning with b ? I just made up an answer and said it's bad for your health.

It did say 'a votre avis' though, so I just said 'parce que c'est dangereux.' That could be right though because rivers sometimes have strong currents, so it is dangerous to swim in them. And what you said could also be right because the river might be polluted.
*steph 247*
I got that he was the boss of an association of lighting in theatre....

sounds a bit random...

not as random as the grape stealer though!!

I said that too, and that the woman decorates mannequins
i think that chefs was patrons but im not totally sure.....found that grape stuff WELL hard i know i onli got bout one mark on that :'(
Reply 16
yeah I put patrons as well....
Reply 17
The grapes question was so silly!

I got well confused on that question where you had to write down what the people's jobs were....I put that the woman was a fashion designer and the man was leader of a theatre society :confused:
Reply 18
kellywood_5
It did say 'a votre avis' though, so I just said 'parce que c'est dangereux.' That could be right though because rivers sometimes have strong currents, so it is dangerous to swim in them. And what you said could also be right because the river might be polluted.

Ooh I hope that river is very polluted!
Was anyone else hot today? I was absolutely boiling in my exam, and was seriously overheating. And the windows in the room were stupid ones that only opened an inch :mad:
*steph 247*
yeah I put patrons as well....

I really didn't get that bit because I thought 'chefs' was the same as in English, but that had nothing to do with the passage. And I thought 'patrons' meant 'owners'? :confused:

Edit: According to freetranslation.com, it does mean 'owners', so if you put 'patrons' you got it right :congrats:

Latest

Trending

Trending