The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i went once
Reply 2
£20 doesnt seem like much is it actually worth it?

Is it bad that I feel more nervous at the prospect of a fake interview rather than a real one?
Well, I don't know if it's any good, but for £20, they're hardly ripping you off like MedLink :p:
aamir27
Hey guys,

Have you heard about PotMed 2009 @ Imperial College??

Here is the link:

http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/medic/muslim/potmed09.htm

Its like a workshop for potential medical students. They do UKCAT, BMAT and interview stuff! I've heard some really good stuff about it, was wondering if any of you are going??

in the URL it says 'muslim'- but surely people of all religions go? Coz it looks really good!
littlemisssunshine123
in the URL it says 'muslim'- but surely people of all religions go? Coz it looks really good!

It's definitely for all religions. I think it's just either run or associated by the Mulim Medic society. :yes:
Reply 6
From what I know of it it's a brilliant not-for-profit course that is run by medical students to give out information, rather than a company trying to make money. So yeah, if you want to go on a course/lecture for Medicine, make it this one.
Reply 7
i'll definitely be going
Reply 8
i think im at an open day :frown: shame cos it looks actually qutie good
Wow, thanks for posting! Will definitely go.
aamir27
Hey guys,

Have you heard about PotMed 2009 @ Imperial College??

Here is the link:

http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/medic/muslim/potmed09.htm

Its like a workshop for potential medical students. They do UKCAT, BMAT and interview stuff! I've heard some really good stuff about it, was wondering if any of you are going??

I'm not going, duh.

I went last year...oh no wait...2007 and it was very, very good indeed. I'm not muslim (in case you wondered) but it was very well run, very helpful and the mock interview sessions were great. The organisers were all lovely and helped lots. There was much food and help available. If you're anywhere near London or can get there, GO!!

Not like one of these commercial type events
Reply 11
1) its defintely not just for muslims! its for anyone and everyone, its just the society Muslim Medics that organise it :smile:

2) yeah i've heard its fantastic too, and really worth the money, i mean £20 is fantastic. my friend's brother works for the society and he said the £20 is for the costs, its not for any profit, its for all the food and hiring out the rooms and lecture theatres and stuff like that.

i've heard that places are being filled up quickly so we should really get a move on with those application forms!
Reply 12
It says to take a copy of a personal statement
what if you're only starting sixth form :s-smilie:
Or can you take a copy with the stuff that you have done so far?
Reply 13
Do you think we could get a list of people going from TSR? It'd be interesting meeting some of you people in real life. :biggrin:
Reply 14
Mel2160
It says to take a copy of a personal statement
what if you're only starting sixth form :s-smilie:
Or can you take a copy with the stuff that you have done so far?

Just take some notes on what you've done so far and they would probably recommend some stuff for you to do.
Reply 15
how is everyone going to get their school stamp?
Reply 16
cousto
how is everyone going to get their school stamp?

A what?:confused:
Reply 17
the application form asks for a school stamp so kinda hard with it being summer
Reply 18
I don't think my college even has a stamp??
Hmm wonder if this will be open to use graduate applicants

Latest

Trending

Trending