The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
nellied
i paid similar to that for my esks - which are reinforced but not steeled ones - i'm torn whether to buy a pair of humbers and have them as a uni pair and leave my esk wellies at home for the wkends etc. or to just get a cheap pair of dickies steelies for £15 to leave in my locker for practicals and take my esks for other things...

and i know what you mean about the overdraft - i've just about spent up all the money i had from my job and i've got my bus pass to buy today (£264) faint!!! which will def make me say hello to mr overdraft again :frown:

Nellied, have you bought it yet? I hear there's a discount code. I bought mine too long ago so it wasn't around to use, but I think you get 10% off if you enter ucas59 or something when buying online :smile:
Reply 81
thanks emillyyy i conpletly forgot about that code!! i haven't got it yet - i got my tv license instead and couldn't bring myself to blow another few hundred in the space of a few mins!
Reply 82
nellied
couldn't bring myself to blow another few hundred in the space of a few mins!

I get this feeling too...£1591.25 went out today on rent, I nearly cried...suddenly £3 on two lever arched files seemed like nothing :p:
emilyyy
Nellied, have you bought it yet? I hear there's a discount code. I bought mine too long ago so it wasn't around to use, but I think you get 10% off if you enter ucas59 or something when buying online :smile:

Great! Thanks for that :smile:
Reply 84
blahhh
I get this feeling too...£1591.25 went out today on rent, I nearly cried...suddenly £3 on two lever arched files seemed like nothing :p:

I realised it had got bad when I was trying to decide whether it was worth spending another 50p on pens today. Bic biro or Tesco value...
pyrogena
I realised it had got bad when I was trying to decide whether it was worth spending another 50p on pens today. Bic biro or Tesco value...

Bic!!! Tesco ones run out after one sentence.
Reply 86
Phoebe_Vet
Bic!!! Tesco ones run out after one sentence.

/stares at her multipack of many coloured Tesco pens and swears.

It's ok...I may or may not have raised the office stationary cupboard last week.
Reply 87
pyrogena

Haha I know...I was stupidly happy (as if I had won the lottery :p:) when my mum gave me £7.50 to pay for my eye test...
Reply 88
@ Phoebe and Nellied: No worries :smile: I was gutted I'd gotten in too quick to use it for myself, but hey, at least I get to feel good telling everyone else about it :wink:

Pyrogena, nicely done. Resourceful. Great quality in a vet :tongue:
Reply 89
emilyyy

Pyrogena, nicely done. Resourceful. Great quality in a vet :tongue:

Any potential employers reading this, I'd like to make it clear I don't regularly steal pens :biggrin: I had permission...honest.
Reply 90
As a vet you won't need to steal any pens because you'll be bombarded with enough virbac/intervet free rep pens to last you a lifetime :wink:

:woo: 3 cheers for free pens!
Reply 91
I work for a Pharma company now, so everything I got is branded :biggrin: They sure are crappy pens though :frown:
Reply 92
I only enjoy writing with Pilot V5 pens :yep:
Reply 93
I used only one pen throughout 2 years of college, exams, the lot :smile:
Reply 94
Dissey
I only enjoy writing with Pilot V5 pens :yep:

Pen snob :wink:
Reply 95
I still have my RVC pen from the open day in May 2008 :woo:

Used to use it in work in Sainsburys....to remind me life will get better :p:
Reply 96
blahhh
I still have my RVC pen from the open day in May 2008 :woo:

Used to use it in work in Sainsburys....to remind me life will get better :p:

RVC's post-its are amazing. They have some kind of superior adhesive agent that the normal ones just don't, and they were great for note making.

EDIT: If you bring me some during AVS I will give you cookies.
Did anyone ever have one of those where you could rub out the ink with the lid? LOVE those!
Reply 98
Dissey
RVC's post-its are amazing. They have some kind of superior adhesive agent that the normal ones just don't, and they were great for note making.

EDIT: If you bring me some during AVS I will give you cookies.

I KNOW! They were awesome :smile:
And that sounds like a good deal to me! :p: Jw...with AVS where do people from the other vet schools actually stay? Im assuming with people...in mary b?! :biggrin: I have floor space :woo: (Im assuming anyway...havent been there yet...but I hope there is :p:)
Reply 99
blahhh
I KNOW! They were awesome :smile:
And that sounds like a good deal to me! :p: Jw...with AVS where do people from the other vet schools actually stay? Im assuming with people...in mary b?! :biggrin: I have floor space :woo: (Im assuming anyway...havent been there yet...but I hope there is :p:)

Wherever there's space, I think :tongue: I would think they try and sqeeze as many of us as possible into private accomm though (e.g. 2nd, rd, 4th, 5th year houses), instead of halls? That's just a wild guess though, I have no real clue :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending