The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
sugarplumc
because the admissions secretary phoned up my school and told them. Anyway, all their statistics are now on their website. It was 81 people for 7 places to be exact.

You're obviously good at English to even get in. So as someone's already said - you know you'll likely get AA in History and English, right? So don't look at them and concentrate on German and Music! Then come back to Hist and Eng the day before the exam for a last minute revision.
Reply 41
sugarplumc
This is might be a stupid question, because I don't think it can be answered definitively, but I'm just going to ask it anyway because I'm really worried.
Basically...... and History)?
I'm so worried. I should probably be off revising now in fact.

join the club - i'm feeling like that for my maths offer:frown: - been dossing all year and only really started studying last week when study leave started
Reply 42
Phil23
join the club - i'm feeling like that for my maths offer:frown: - been dossing all year and only really started studying last week when study leave started

Can I join the club too? :redface:
Reply 43
holy ****, clare had 26 apps per place for SPS this year :|
Reply 44
Hash
Can I join the club too? :redface:

sure u can - you got the same firm and insurance as me :cool:
Reply 45
In the immortal words of the HG2tG:

Don't Panic.

Remember that us Oxbridge applicants tend to be an excessively neurotic bunch who think they've done an awful lot worse than they have. Remember (since you're a musician) that the expected standard for the music prac is only grade 6, and that almost a 1/3 of applicants get full marks in it. Remember that it's normally the -raw- marks you get back from teachers about this time, and not the UMS marks which can be substantially higher.

If you really are worried then I'd email them now to tell them about German - it really does put you at a disadvantage in a language not to have a class to practice it with every day, I know that I couldn't do it with OR without the class. :P

Good luck anyway (to everybody - but particularly Sugarplum) :smile:

alex - panicking.
Reply 46
sugarplumc, you WILL NOT miss your offer! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending