The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The (un)Official Point Exe 2009 Thread!

Hey all, just thought I'd start up this bad boy to see who's been accepted into Point Exe accomodation this year.

Just to get the ball rolling ... I will be moving into 44D (whatever the hell that means!) I have recently received all of the information via email from Point Exe and am sending all my forms off soon - including the reservation fee of £250 - does anyone know if this is refunded upon arrival? They mentioned the £250 going into your "student rent account" when you arrive if anyone can make any sense of that :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I think the 'student rent account' thing means that they put the £250 that you've paid towards your accommodation fees. In other words, they deduct that amount from a future amount that you owe. If that makes sense? lol
Anyway, yeah, I got Point Exe too obviously! I'm in 26F (I'm guessing that's Flat 26, Room F).
:-D
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Ah yeah that makes sense ... well that's cool. At least the money is being put to some use rather than just a one off payment for "admin fees" or whatever which doesn't contribute to our rent.

So I finally have another member on my thread! I must admit it was probably a little premature of me to make such a thread at this time because the A level results aren't out yet and as such, the majority of students don't know whether or not they are even going to Exeter, let alone the accomodation they will be staying at. Hopefully as the weeks go by more people will stop by and we can all start getting to know eachother to make for a swifter transition into university :biggrin:
Reply 3
Hey I'm not going to Point Exe but I thought I would butt in because I'm living in a shared house just down the road from there! Being not on campus first year is stressful enough (don't ask why btw, and yes I'm fine with it :smile:) so having people I know near me would be nice!
Reply 4
Peanut42
Hey I'm not going to Point Exe but I thought I would butt in because I'm living in a shared house just down the road from there! Being not on campus first year is stressful enough (don't ask why btw, and yes I'm fine with it :smile:) so having people I know near me would be nice!

So it was your decision to move into a shared house?

And yeah I completely agree with the first year stress and whatnot - welcome! It might be an idea to stop by Point Exe in the first few days of moving in for the odd pub crawl to get to know some other first years because I'm sure there will be plenty of those, and the more the merrier! :woo:
Reply 5
jakeuk1
So it was your decision to move into a shared house?

And yeah I completely agree with the first year stress and whatnot - welcome! It might be an idea to stop by Point Exe in the first few days of moving in for the odd pub crawl to get to know some other first years because I'm sure there will be plenty of those, and the more the merrier! :woo:

It was my decision, my boyfriends at Exeter college and he needed somewhere to live too and it was a lot cheaper to do it this way! I'm not too bothered about missing out on 'the halls experience' because I'm sure I'll be hanging around lots of them anyway!

And if you insist on me stopping by... :p: What subject are you doing?
Reply 6
Peanut42
It was my decision, my boyfriends at Exeter college and he needed somewhere to live too and it was a lot cheaper to do it this way! I'm not too bothered about missing out on 'the halls experience' because I'm sure I'll be hanging around lots of them anyway!

And if you insist on me stopping by... :p: What subject are you doing?

Oh yes, I insist!

And I will be studying BSc Psychology. How about yourself?
Reply 7
This feels really weird! Just got my place at point exe and studying BSc Psychology too!
Reply 8
Fi_1
This feels really weird! Just got my place at point exe and studying BSc Psychology too!

No way!? haha that's awesome :woo:
Do you know which flat you're in?
Reply 9
Nope not yet! Should find out tomorrow hopefully! What about you?

(I think.. I just added you on facebook.. or infact a complete randomer!)
Reply 10
jakeuk1
Oh yes, I insist!

And I will be studying BSc Psychology. How about yourself?

Classical Studies. :smile: I've only found one other person doing it so far!
Reply 11
Fi_1
Nope not yet! Should find out tomorrow hopefully! What about you?

(I think.. I just added you on facebook.. or infact a complete randomer!)

Well I have been known as such many a time in the past - so yes, it is likely that I am probably that very same randomer :wink:

And I'm in flat 44 .. if you end up in the same flat as me too that will be very odd indeed and it might require me to enforce a restraining order against you :p: I kid, I kid
Reply 12
jakeuk1
Well I have been known as such many a time in the past - so yes, it is likely that I am probably that very same randomer :wink:

And I'm in flat 44 .. if you end up in the same flat as me too that will be very odd indeed and it might require me to enforce a restraining order against you :p: I kid, I kid

Haha, that would be extremely odd...
Reply 13
Fi_1
Haha, that would be extremely odd...

Well keep us posted :smile:

Point Exe contacted me the day after the University told me that they had offered me a place, so you'll likely find out very soon. There's a lot of paperwork to sift through - consider yourself warned :wink:
Reply 14
jakeuk1

Hey I added you too. :smile: My photo's a big fluffy toy!
Reply 15
Peanut42
Hey I added you too. :smile: My photo's a big fluffy toy!

Haha - woo! It's great to start making friends before uni. It makes the whole process that little bit less daunting :smile:
Reply 16
jakeuk1
Haha - woo! It's great to start making friends before uni. It makes the whole process that little bit less daunting :smile:

Haha I just got a message from you! Just so you know I'm the same person, my initials are KH. :wink:
Reply 17
Peanut42
Haha I just got a message from you! Just so you know I'm the same person, my initials are KH. :wink:

lol yep .. fear not secret agent KH, you are indeed the same person. I am JH ... fancy creating a Secret Exeter Intelligence society? haha :wink:
jakeuk1
Hey all, just thought I'd start up this bad boy to see who's been accepted into Point Exe accomodation this year.

Just to get the ball rolling ... I will be moving into 44D (whatever the hell that means!) I have recently received all of the information via email from Point Exe and am sending all my forms off soon - including the reservation fee of £250 - does anyone know if this is refunded upon arrival? They mentioned the £250 going into your "student rent account" when you arrive if anyone can make any sense of that :biggrin:

Hey I lived in Point Exe last year. 'Tis gorgeous and brand new.

Just so you know - 44 is the flat number and D is your room number.

The £250 is your deposit. You get this back at the end of the year. If you damage your room or flat they will deduct money from your deposit (say you snapped your desk in half - not likely by the way - they'd deduct like £100 out of it) so just look after your flat and room.
They're not too harsh though so don't worry.
Reply 19
Thanks for the info Smem - so you enjoyed your stay at Point Exe last year then? How many people were you sharing with and what kind of size is the kitchen/dining area? i.e. how many cupboards and drawers etc does each person have?

Latest

Trending

Trending