The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else hate the word boyfriend? Surely better using their name? And then explaining when someone asks "who's that?" that they're your boyfriend lol.
Reply 81
Danielle89
Anyone else hate the word boyfriend? Surely better using their name? And then explaining when someone asks "who's that?" that they're your boyfriend lol.

yep. there's more to the person than the fact that they are your boyfriend. :yep:
Danielle89

*foybriend*

squish.
Reply 83
It annoys me when people do this, why can't they just say their actual names?

Some guys do it too, by the way. The other day I nearly punched a guy I know because he went "Give me my girlfriend's hat back", when she was in the presence and someone had jokingly taken it from her. Why couldn't he say her name, or just even say "her hat back". It's almost as though being someone's girlfriend/boyfriend makes them lose their identity.

Of course, some people do it to show off, or make people jealous.
Reply 84
xps.systems
*foybriend*

squish.

Do you have a firlgriend? I doubt it very much.

Squish.
Girls who bring up their boyfriend in every damn conversation

_Fleur_
God, I hate girls who do this. So ******* annoying! It's like, does your whole world just revolve around this guy, nothing else? Me and my boyfriend are always taking the piss out of them.

i see wat u did thar.
If they do it a lot, my brain automatically switches off when "my boyfriend" is mentioned. If that doesn't block it out I punch them in the face. Simple enough.
Jessaay!
Do you have a firlgriend? I doubt it very much.

Squish.

Correct! I've never had a firlgriend (or foybriend for that matter). How did you guess?

Do you often talk about your firlgriend/foybriend (delete as appropriate).?

squish.
Reply 88
ShiVji
The girl genre is going downhill recently

i've noticed this too :rolleyes:
I had a friend exactly like this. She talked about herself and her boyfriend all the time and if I spoke about something else, she'd turn it so it was about her and her boyfriend.

She told me and a close friend that she seen her boyfriend looking at engagement rings in the shopping mall and she kept talking about how she knew he was going to propose to her at her 18th birthday and spoke to us about how he could propose and how she think she would react.

I couldn't help but grin when her 18th birthday came around and her boyfriend didn't propose :biggrin:

She was so self absorbed.

My friends, who are guys talk about their girlfriends a lot, but it's not as bad. Sometimes they talk about their sex life in huge detail though which is a bit of a "I don't want to know!"
_Fleur_
God, I hate girls who do this. So ******* annoying! It's like, does your whole world just revolve around this guy, nothing else? Me and my boyfriend are always taking the piss out of them.

Oh the irony! :biggrin:
Ohh I know many girls like this
I honestly think they can't help it, its just an unconscious thing
Danielle89

meee, the word just makes me squirm, it makes whoever you're going out with sound so plastic...maybe it's not so bad if you're talking to someone new but i know loads of girls who call people who are my best friends 'my boyfriend', when i'm fully aware of his name and their relationship status thank you very much. sorry, rant over.

keys - check
mobile - check
wallet - check
boyfriend - check
Phonicsdude
youre from Wales. that's funny!

Is it? :p:
x-Disenchanted-x
Is it? :p:

Yeh Im in Wales too. Im in Abertawe near the Mwmbles. An ambiwlans passed us. lol Welsh Spellcheck GO!
Do you speak hobbit?

Sposed to see a raft race but it was all over when we go there.
agreed...they're SO annoying..!
Reply 96
just_tha_bboy
Is it me or do girls who go on about their boyfriends all the time annoy me? Like we could be talking about anything like e.g. the best takeaway in the town centre and then she just magically turns the whole convo into a "my boyfriend does this...and that...."

That's just girls i have known for only 3 months as friends. It's like some girls don't have their own life they just have a boyfriend :rolleyes:

^^^ I can live with that, you should try going out with someone that never stops talking about her ex boyfriends! :woo:
Phonicsdude
Yeh Im in Wales too. Im in Abertawe near the Mwmbles. An ambiwlans passed us. lol Welsh Spellcheck GO!
Do you speak hobbit?

Sposed to see a raft race but it was all over when we go there.

Ooh, awesome, I'm from Swansea too :smile: An ambiwlans you say? Well, you'd never believe this but a 'tacsi' passed me yesterday :O
That's about as far as my Welsh stretches, though.
But I do know that 'sglodion' means chips and 'araf' means slow.
This will obviously get me far. :smile:
Reply 98
Phil2008
i see wat u did thar.

Worryingly, I think you're the only one who got the 'joke'... :s-smilie:
MarmiteOnToast
meee, the word just makes me squirm, it makes whoever you're going out with sound so plastic...maybe it's not so bad if you're talking to someone new but i know loads of girls who call people who are my best friends 'my boyfriend', when i'm fully aware of his name and their relationship status thank you very much. sorry, rant over.

keys - check
mobile - check
wallet - check
boyfriend - check

Don't you hate it when you make sure you've got everything, go on a 5 hour car drive, then once you get there realise you've forgotten to pack your boyfriend. :sadnod:

Latest

Trending

Trending