The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cassius
Finally another Jesubite! Congrats :smile:

Wooo! Congratulations! What course did you get in for? :smile: x
Reply 161
Original post by EnragedWin
Wooo! Congratulations! What course did you get in for? :smile: x

English :smile: I didn't actually apply to Jesus, but I'm very glad I ended up there. Except there seem to be very few of us around; I can't find many other offer holders. Good to have you on board.
Original post by Cassius
English :smile: I didn't actually apply to Jesus, but I'm very glad I ended up there. Except there seem to be very few of us around; I can't find many other offer holders. Good to have you on board.

Haha thank you :smile: And what a great college to end up at, if I do say so myself :wink:
Hopefully we'll see each other in October then hehe :smile:

I know ~3 Jesus offer holders. I can't find many haha
Reply 163
Original post by EnragedWin
Haha thank you :smile: And what a great college to end up at, if I do say so myself :wink:
Hopefully we'll see each other in October then hehe :smile:

I know ~3 Jesus offer holders. I can't find many haha

Yes, we'll probably meet in October/one of those weekends they put on for offer holders. I think there are a few more offer holders on the facebook group, but there definitely aren't many of us! :redface:
Original post by manic_fuzz
I'm a future Worcesterite too! :woo:

Niiice :biggrin:! Guess there are a couple more of us than i thought! What subject are you doing?

Original post by Niki_girl
:laugh: I know, I think there's definitely 2 other people on the Facebook group that have offers for Worcester (for medicine/ English) but on TSR from the people that applied I really can't find many who are actually going (grades permitting :s-smilie: - wish my offer was unconditional! Although I guess you technically have an even harder offer for Physics)

Hopefully see you soon in Oxford! (By that time you'll be able to spell Worcesterite off by memory just in case anyone wants it written down :smile:)

Yeah, I know what you mean, none of the people I met at intervews actually ended up at Worcester. So it would be nice to know some people before I get there :smile: And sure you won't have a problem with the offer, that's the easiest bit compared to those interviews!!
Anyone else scared that they will die of shock at the workload?
Original post by michael321

Yep, I can't imagine how hard it's going to be :s-smilie:
me
Original post by michael321

I'm already beginning to envy the arts people who will have as many contact hours in a week as I will be having in 1 day!
Anyone else scared they won't meet their conditions? :s-smilie:
Original post by stinkerbelll
I can't see any 2012 LMH'ers anywhere :frown:((

Hi.
:laugh: I know, I think there's definitely 2 other people on the Facebook group that have offers for Worcester (for medicine/ English) but on TSR from the people that applied I really can't find many who are actually going (grades permitting :s-smilie: - wish my offer was unconditional! Although I guess you technically have an even harder offer for Physics)

Hopefully see you soon in Oxford! (By that time you'll be able to spell Worcesterite off by memory just in case anyone wants it written down :smile:)

haha I also have an offer from wusta :bhangra:

I better also join you in the "Bristol has forgotten about us" club
Original post by Chaofan88
Anyone else scared they won't meet their conditions? :s-smilie:

:yep: :s-smilie: *the anxiety over Results Day/ getting "AAA" begins now....

Original post by dnumberwang

haha, I wouldn't be suprised if Bristol rejected me soon, they've been giving out History offers for a while...however, I don't particularly care now - I think the University of Exeter will be my insurance, anyway :tongue:

manic_fuzz
X

ROBBY7896
X

Worcesterites unite! See, there are a few of us on here...
:yep: :s-smilie: *the anxiety over Results Day/ getting "AAA" begins now.....

It's horrible :frown: and my offer is A*AA (all 3 subjects specified!) I need an A/A* in chemistry and I got a C (1 goddamn marko off a B) in chemistry last year :frown:
Original post by dnumberwang

before I got my offer I was nervously waiting on Durham and Bristol, now I feel like I don't even care anymore :u:
Original post by Chaofan88
It's horrible :frown: and my offer is A*AA (all 3 subjects specified!) I need an A/A* in chemistry and I got a C (1 goddamn mark off a B) in chemistry last year :frown:

:eek3: work like a crazy woman next year - who needs sleep? :laugh: (just kidding - it'll prepare you for the Oxford lifestyle)

For some reason A*AA sounds a lot harder than AAA...don't worry - can't you do something in science subjects where if you got 90UMS this year or >90% you're quite likely to get an A* overall next year? :confused: I don't know (don't quote me on it, I don't really know as much as I should about how to get A*s at A2 :redface:)

I'm sure you'll make it! You must have quite a good work ethic to get an offer initially :smile: My offer doesn't have the subjects specified but I can't exactly change subjects now...Arts subjects are sometimes worse because they're subjective - I know a girl who missed her History & Politics Oxford offer because the examiner didn't like the style of her English lit. essay and she got a B instead of an A in her final exam :eek:!

Saying that...I really don't envy you studying Chemistry! I did it for a term in Year 12...and then promptly switched to Theology - so glad I did! :rolleyes: But then again I'm not mathematically/ scientifically minded, I like doing subjects I can have a bit of er..."alternative interpretations" included, just to be on the safe side.

Good Luck, hope to see you in October :biggrin:
Original post by medbh4805
before I got my offer I was nervously waiting on Durham and Bristol, now I feel like I don't even care anymore :u:

See my sig :colone:
Original post by ROBBY7896
Niiice :biggrin:! Guess there are a couple more of us than i thought! What subject are you doing?

Medicine :awesome: You're... physics right?

Worcesterites unite! See, there are a few of us on here...

:yep:

We're obviously the best

we have ducks :biggrin:
Reply 178
When does Oxford make the offers official on UCAS?
Original post by james22
When does Oxford make the offers official on UCAS?

early jan. I shall firm it immediately :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest