The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Firmers 2012

Hi everyone!
I couldn't find a thread for everyone who has firmed (or plans to firm) Lancaster University in the 2012 application cycle, so I've decided to make one.

State your course, and any preferences about particular colleges / accommodation.
You never know, a few of us may end up being room-mates or course-mates :smile:

Good luck on achieving your offer!

I'm doing Mathematics G100, and will probably go for County College's 'Superior Standard' accommodation. Or Standard in one of the other colleges.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile:

I'm also doing maths :biggrin: the one with the year abroad (cant remember the code) and firmed thursday evening with Brunel as insurance :biggrin:

I'm tending towards Furness with Lonsdale as 2nd choice. Hoping for superior en suite :smile:

Matt
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by marnold00
Hi :smile:

I'm also doing maths :biggrin: the one with the year abroad (cant remember the code) and firmed thursday evening with Brunel as insurance :biggrin:

I'm tending towards Furness with Lonsdale as 2nd choice. Hoping for superior en suite :smile:

Matt

Sounds good - You're a potential course-mate then! I've put Keele as my insurance.

There's quite a few Maths firmers on the applicants thread as well. Seems to be quite a popular 1st choice this year :smile:

I wish you the best of luck with reaching your offer, hopefully see you there!
Reply 3
I nearly put keele as my insurance, especially with the ABC offer, but the appeal of london is too strong :biggrin: and yeh there does seem to be loads, and its got a good gender balance!
Reply 4
somebody should make a lanc 2012 facebook group.

Software engineering. Bowlands hopefully or failing that County.
Reply 5
Im thinking software engineering here, but there are a few really awkward units, like HCI. Does anyone know if its worth doing?
Hey!

Just firmed after seeing this thread, I'll be doing BA Geography with a year in North America!
(well, depending on my grades of course!)

Furness is probably my first choice accommodation. but haven't really given much thought to that yet.

Any other geographers around? :smile:
Reply 7
Hey :smile:

I'm taking maths and statistics (year abroad) :biggrin:
County will be my first and Furness as my second ^^
A representative is coming to my college tomorrow so all my questions will be answered XD
Hi!

I’m going to be studying history. I’m looking at a superior ensuite in either Pendle or Cartmel.
Reply 9
Original post by JustMatty
Im thinking software engineering here, but there are a few really awkward units, like HCI. Does anyone know if its worth doing?

Why has that put you off?
Reply 10
Hey :h:

I'll hopefully be studying Management and Information Technology!
Reply 11
Hey peoples

Hows everyone's applications going? I received an offer for medicine last week :-D so just hoping to see who else got in :-).

Fingers crossed for you all.

Meeee
Original post by MOMOD23
Hey peoples

Hows everyone's applications going? I received an offer for medicine last week :-D so just hoping to see who else got in :-).

Fingers crossed for you all.

Meeee

Congratulations on your offer :smile:
Original post by Ladyliesel
Hi!

I’m going to be studying history. I’m looking at a superior ensuite in either Pendle or Cartmel.

Hiya, I'm studying history there at the moment, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:
Eldest has just insured Lancaster (AB) for Maths :smile: so he might see you all there in the autumn. Firm is Warwick which has a truly scary offer! (A*A*A2/A*AA1)
Reply 15
Firming Lancaster for media and culture studies starting 2013
Looks like a fantastic place :smile:
Reply 16
Hiya, I have also firmed Lancaster for Business Studies. Got an unconditional offer so I'll be there 100% to meet you all, guys! Am planning to rent a 2-3 bedroom property in the city and buddy up with someone. Can't wait for the uni to start!
Original post by Sockhead

Which department is this in? I applied for the M&CS Ph.D and they said it doesn't exist anymore, but I could do my proposal in the Sociology dept.
Reply 18
Original post by Sockhead

i firmed the same, but for 2012 entry! wanting county superior standard or furness for accommodation :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by sevendaughters
Which department is this in? I applied for the M&CS Ph.D and they said it doesn't exist anymore, but I could do my proposal in the Sociology dept.

How odd!
It is in the Sociology dept. I do remember them saying something on the lines of doing a more specific Ph.D such as television/documentary production ect AT Lancaster, so maybe they just reshuffled everything?

Quick Reply