The Student Room Group

Guys: When did you start sleeping alone?

Scroll to see replies

I haven't the faintest idea. 2 maybe?
7 i think
Reply 62
I shared a room with my two brother until I was about 10 I think when we all got separate rooms.
Reply 63
I dunno, since a very young age, but my sisters sleep together and they are 15 and 12, obviously if there was space they would have their separate rooms, etc.
Since I was old enough not to be in a cot. My parents moved into a 3 bedroom house so me and my brother never shared a room at all even though he's not that much younger than me. Don't know if that's weird or not...
(edited 12 years ago)

I always had my own room. Nobody was allowed into it at night-time, so I generally screamed myself to sleep as a baby. No, seriously, my Gran was banned from babysitting after she was caught comforting me when I was 4 or something.
No wonder I had severe sleeping problems until the age of 17-18!
I've been sleeping alone for as long as I can remember, so probably when I was 2. I had no siblings close to my age and little dependence on my parents. I always thought this was normal but a lot of people here were much later. As far as I know it had no long term psychiatric effects... I hope :s-smilie:
I think I was 2...

Why do you want to know this anyway?
Since the dawn of time. Roundabout '92.
Reply 69
I'm 20 and I still share my bed with my brother, who is 24 :colone:
Like, 3-4?
Reply 71
I had a room with my brother, but there had to be someone in other room, or hear TV if you like :colondollar:
I remember that I was scared of darkness, I had to have something lighted in my room.
The age I didn't care about it and actually enjoyed "darky" sleep was at 15 :frown: Shame one me :smile:
Reply 72
I'm told about 3. I always had a nightlight on though, until I was about 7. Now, I keep one plugged into a socket near the head of my bed for use purely when I'm reading in bed without all the lights on before sleeping.
Reply 73
Until I was about 5.
As soon as I was out of the cot.
I do not at all remember sleeping in the same room as my parents :lolwut:

I may have as a baby sometimes, but not ordinarily - I've always had my own bedroom since birth.

Are some of you being serious when you say you were six or seven and still slept in the same room as someone else? :lolwut:
Reply 76
Girls stopped sleeping with me at 19.
Reply 77
Always had my own room and bed from birth except when I turned 17 and went to uni.... had a shared dorm room with bunk beds.
Reply 78

I slept in my parents room on a separate bed obviously lol.. The room is huge
I have 3 bedrooms in my house and all of them were occupied until one of my siblings moved out.. i moved into the spare bedroom :biggrin:
Reply 79
10 for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending