The Student Room Group

Can I get an A*in history(OCR, unit B) when I've got a B in coursework?

Hey,
I've recently received my coursework(30%) result, and I got B/C, which was a huge disappointment, as I was really hopeing for an A*.
Is it possible for me to get an A* over all still, if I perform very well in my final exam?
Also, does anyone know some useful/effective history revision tips please or any advise for the exam?
Thank you. :smile:
Reply 1
It depends on your UMS points for that coursework. How many units do you have in History? You have to have at least 90% of the UMS points overall to get an A*.
Reply 2
Original post by -sunlight-
It depends on your UMS points for that coursework. How many units do you have in History? You have to have at least 90% of the UMS points overall to get an A*.

I'm not too sure about units but we've got 2 papers:
1) Germany 1919-1945(75marks)
2 British depth study (50 marks)

As for the coursework, I'm not sure of the exact UMS score but I think it's between 36-37 out of 50.
Reply 3
Original post by Kim07
I'm not too sure about units but we've got 2 papers:
1) Germany 1919-1945(75marks)
2 British depth study (50 marks)

As for the coursework, I'm not sure of the exact UMS score but I think it's between 36-37 out of 50.

If you could find out how many UMS points each of your exams are worth, you could work out how many you'd need to get an A* :smile: Like I said, 90% is A*, 80% is A and so on and so forth :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest