The Student Room Group

UCAS Track Glitch - it's OK, you aren't really in Clearing!

A number of you have reported that your Track is showing that you are in Clearing when you can't possibly be.

UCAS has advised people who've contacted them to query this that it's a glitch and to ignore it. Whatever you do don't try and add a Clearing choice :tongue: as this will really mess things up.

Presumably UCAS are working on it and if we hear any more I'll update this post.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Jason1990
If the status of your firm and your insurance still remain conditional and haven't changed to being rejected then you are not in clearing.

If it shows a clearing number then you are in clearing...if it doesn't then you are NOT in clearing

try to read things carefully when it comes to ucas.....it says 'IF you have added a choice' meaning it may be a general message and not applicable to yourself.

I have a offer firmed from Birmingham, its conditional
but it says my application is currently in clearing =S

"The current status of your application is:
You are in Clearing"

its got a clearing number and all
anyone got any answers for this? Its really worrying me
Reply 2
If you have clearing on your ucas maybe something has gone wrong with your application. You could have applied for clearing without realising therefore voiding your choices. I doubt UCAS would put you through clearing before you get your results. So maybe it is a glitch.
Simzyy

You are in Clearing"

If your firm is still saying conditional, then I'm guessing it's just a glitch on the website. Give UCAS a call though just to make sure.
Simzyy

You are in Clearing"

That is quite strange. Did you do A-Levels?
Reply 5
Simzyy

You are in Clearing"

i'm in exactly the same position as you. I have a conditiona firm offer with birmingham but the status of my application says that i am in clearing and i also have a clearing number. I called up UCAS and they said it was a glitch in the system and alot of people are experiencing it. They said it should be sorted out before results day and not to worry. Also whatever you do, don't click on the 'add clearing choice' button, at the bottom of the choices page, as this will mess up your whole application.
hope this helps :biggrin:
Reply 6
i logged into my ucas track 05/08 and my status was "you have accepted an offer". i logged on the next day and my status was "you are in clearing" but i have no reply from my uni. anyone else had this problem or can explain? help would be much appreciated thanks.
Reply 7
fletch16
i logged into my ucas track 05/08 and my status was "you have accepted an offer". i logged on the next day and my status was "you are in clearing" but i have no reply from my uni. anyone else had this problem or can explain? help would be much appreciated thanks.
Have you had results come through recently, and if so did you meet your offer conditions? [I am assuming that 'you have accepted an offer' was what you expected to see.]

UPDATE: Turns out it's a glitch: see below
Reply 8
Minerva
Have you had results come through recently, and if so did you meet your offer conditions? [I am assuming that 'you have accepted an offer' was what you expected to see.]

UPDATE: Turns out it's a glitch: see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=988384&page=3 post #58

Here is a direct link to that thread which focuses on that post:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=20463967&postcount=58
Reply 9
'parrently its a glitch in the system. :smile:
Reply 10
I've got this too, I went through UCAS Extra so have just one choice and no insurance, yet it says I'm in clearing, but still have a conditional firm at my choice uni?
Reply 11
Probably a technical glitch... sit it out until Monday and phone them up.

Have you got your results yet or anything like that? If you're doing A-levels, then it's almost certainly a technical glitch, because the unis won't have your results yet.
Reply 12
debrajane
It may be a glitch. It may be a general message. But when I log into track its telling me :

The current status of your application is:
You are in Clearing

Your Clearing Number for correspondence with the Institutions is 025783

Yet it still shows my offer as "Conditional Firm"

I've tried ringing my university, and UCAS, but its obviously saturday, and no ones around.

Any idea whats going on, so I'm not sat here having a heart attack for the next 3 days? Please.

:frown: :frown: :frown:
It's a glitch - others have reported it too. If you haven't had your results yet you're OK!
Reply 13
debrajane
Ahhhh, I applied through extra too.

Yeah i'm an alevel student. So no results yet.

Oh thank god, its not just me. It panicked me, to say the least.

Hopefully we won't be needing those Clearing numbers! :wink: :smile:
Just be sure not to actually do anything with that number; avoid pressing buttons if you've not seen them before and are unsure of what they'll do.... or you could mess up the application!
the fact that you put "dont panic" in the name autmatically makes people panic and think:

" Hmm, track glitch...don't panic. I'm not panicking, am i panicking? I could be! AHH!! Must not panic!!! STOP PANICKING!!!"
Reply 16
spacepirate-James
the fact that you put "dont panic" in the name autmatically makes people panic and think:

" Hmm, track glitch...don't panic. I'm not panicking, am i panicking? I could be! AHH!! Must not panic!!! STOP PANICKING!!!"
Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring :biggrin:

But I'll change it if it makes you feel better :smile:
You have no idea how this thread makes me feel.
Reply 18
I have a similar issue. I got my results on the 5th because I'm in Scotland and I definitely missed my offer because I made a mess of one of the exams. It still says 'Conditional Firm' but it has now stopped saying I'm in clearing, even though I should be having gone through Extra. It now just says I'm in Extra and I can apparently add an Extra choice.

I've already been making contact with the firm, just hope this clears up quickly. Would be interested to know what caused this in the first place.
debrajane
I rang up UCAS to check, and got the most patronising woman ever. Who didn't seem to think there was an issue. Anyway, miraculously, when I logged back in today, my status has changed to "You are in Extra" which is an improvement I guess.

That's weird.

Were you in Extra before because that's just confusing especially considering that Extra ended over a month ago.

Latest

Trending

Trending