The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends on what time of year it is. Before xmas pretty much non with constant 9-5's so spare time is pretty limited to weekends. After xmas quite a bit with cery few 9-5's. Some days are ony 2 hour affairs.
Reply 2
Define 'free time'. In reality, little as 'free time' is often 'SDL time'.

But in terms of contact hours 'v' non-contact hours, I'm on a PBL course, so shed loads of non-contact hours!

1st year = half a day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Quite often every other Thursday free.
Reply 3
You may have free time while you are still studying but that changes once you are working as a doctor. Nightshifts, weekends, holidays.., whenever the others are planning something you will always have to look up your calendar to see if you are free! The job can be a compensation but the money unfortunately is not. :nurse:
Reply 4
Leisure17
You may have free time while you are still studying but that changes once you are working as a doctor. Nightshifts, weekends, holidays.., whenever the others are planning something you will always have to look up your calendar to see if you are free! The job can be a compensation but the money unfortunately is not. :nurse:

That's a good point...that's also why i'd like to compensate for the time missed on nighs out, during med. school. So i guess what i'm realy wondering is do you guys have enough time to go out, get wreked, and sleep in the rest of the day, frequently?
Reply 5
As far as I know, that's what med students have the biggest reputation for! No worries there :wink:
Reply 6
Divine89
That's a good point...that's also why i'd like to compensate for the time missed on nighs out, during med. school. So i guess what i'm realy wondering is do you guys have enough time to go out, get wreked, and sleep in the rest of the day, frequently?

Personally, no, not often!

Infact, now i'm a final year, what exactly is free time???? I've forgotten

Latest

Trending

Trending