The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I honestly dont know.
Today so far ive eaten a bowl of shreddies with semi skimmed milk, a chunk of cucumber and a big pile of lettuce leaves....
But yeaterday I had a bowl of cheerios with s-s.milk, a curry, a plate of vegies, stuffing, roast potatoes and gravy and a few spoonfuls of ice cream.
As an average I have no idea....
uninspirational
3000ish or more? I don't really know since I never count, but I'm definitely not one of those salad girls (like my once super healthy breakfast of cheesecake, lunch of cheesecake, tea, dinner, supper and dessert of...yet more cheesecake! Bear in mind this was just one occasion :frown:...). Some people say "oh you're just lucky you have a fast metabolism", but I think exercise and how often/how much you eat in one sitting also comes into effect.

I have never found a good shop-bought cheesecake (new york) - thick base, good creamy light topping without too strong a flavour just nice and sweet/vanilla-y.
Reply 22
I eat around 800-1100 calories a day
But drink around 2000 every day :mmm:
Reply 23
Calorie expenditure. Muscle burns more calories than fat does, so an individual with more muscle has a higher calorie expenditure. Also weight lifting and HIIT exercises boost metabolism and calorie expenditure. I'm also generally very active.

robbo3045
How does that work I mean, how can you keep abs eating so much? What stops it turning in to fat?
Jennie1987
I have never found a good shop-bought cheesecake (new york) - thick base, good creamy light topping without too strong a flavour just nice and sweet/vanilla-y.

M&S cheesecakes are decent...not sure if they do vanilla, though :frown:.
Reply 25
Too many. :ninja:
Between 1800 and 2500 on a normal day
I have no idea. I've never counted how many calories I've eaten in a day. And the effort in counting home made meals is just extra.
Anyone who doesnt eat at least 3 big tasties with bacon a week is a wuss.
Keep losing count
Reply 30
I have no idea how many calories there are in anything I eat. I just eat what's around when I'm hungry. I don't think I eat too unhealthy though
Well, it depends, but I said between 1000-1500 kcal. That is right now, when my aim is to lose some weight.
Today I ate a meal of soya bean-steaks with turkish yoghurt and cucumber = 400 kcal, 2 homemade buns for breakfast = 150 kcal and a almost a whole pineapple = 200 kcal. That puts me at 850 today, which is too little, I know.

Some other day I might eat about 1500 kcal. I tend to average around 1200 kcal per day, even if I eat lots.... But I eat a lot of veggies, so that brings the cals down.
Reply 32
over 9000 (i'm bringing it back)
Reply 33
Over 2000 calories/day, but then I'm hot :cool:
Jennie1987

Get your ass down to Waitrose and try their vanilla new york cheesecake...you're welcome.
stefl14
No less than 3000 on any said day. It is usually around 3500. How can you people eat so little?
btw i'm 16 yo guy. Can go more than 4000 every so often after a very hard workout.

Most people don't work out regularly like yourself thus have little need for large intakes of food. They'd basically just be fattening themselves up if they ate that much without decent exercise.
1200-1400 Sometimes I go over but generally around that figure, I find that this is enough to keep me full, yet also maintain my weight.
Some of us have to train for competitive sport so when you are out training for 3-5 hours a day you need a lot more calories than if you are just at school studying so I often hit the 4000 mark.
IHeartAmerica1993
Get your ass down to Waitrose and try their vanilla new york cheesecake...you're welcome.

Lol as long as its better than their cakes (excluding chilled choc sponge puddings).
Reply 39
About 1500 most days.

Latest

Trending

Trending