The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I know some friends that nap between lectures. Good idea if you ask me.

How did your speech actually go Sway? Because when I went to the maths society meeting, people literally made up speeches as they were saying them and still got the job. The fact you planned anything at all meant you automatically got the place. I was thinking of going for vice president or event director at the actuarial society but I' not sure if it's possible given I'm only a first year. If it's anything like the maths society though... :biggrin:

Also, for 2nd year+ people, does the ST102 lecturer have a reputation for being ridiculously boring? Because he’s already attained legend status among us 1st years.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Yes Tallon, that course is renowned for producing the best hours of sleep for all 1st year students.
Reply 142
Cron?

Legend.
Swayum
Managed to get through my speech without making a fool of myself! Now back at the library till 7 (when I go meet some friends)...

What were you wearing? I'm guessing you were the guy in the striped shirt?
Reply 144
Tallon
How did your speech actually go Sway? Because when I went to the maths society meeting, people literally made up speeches as they were saying them and still got the job. The fact you planned anything at all meant you automatically got the place. I was thinking of going for vice president or event director at the actuarial society but I' not sure if it's possible given I'm only a first year. If it's anything like the maths society though... :biggrin:

I wasn't running for anything, I was just explaining what we do/how to join us. But yeah it was fine.

Arakasi 2.0
What were you wearing? I'm guessing you were the guy in the striped shirt?

Yup!

The Sherminator
Yes Tallon, that course is renowned for producing the best hours of sleep for all 1st year students.

So true! I think they've changed the second term lecturer AGAIN this year, but as someone says, you start to love Prof. Cron after the second term :biggrin:
The Sherminator
You kids are so unaware... always caught up in your own little worlds :p:

They are opening up a new Union for students.. integrated sports facilities with a chill out area or something like that. Its going to be within a year or so of us graduating, so maybe in your 3rd year, or the year after that.

Its opening late 2013 and thats probably unlikely at this point given that LSE need to actually knock down St.Philips etc and start the work.

The architects are two brilliant people and the designs actually do look pretty amazing. Just a shame, most people won't get to see it/use it.
Reply 146
I seem to have lost all motivation to work this year - missed 3 analysis lectures in a row (slept through 1 or 2 others), missed 3 macro lectures, missed 4 or 5 micro II ones and not listened in all but 1 calculus lecture (missed about 2 as well).
Swayum
I seem to have lost all motivation to work this year - missed 3 analysis lectures in a row (slept through 1 or 2 others), missed 3 macro lectures, missed 4 or 5 micro II ones and not listened in all but 1 calculus lecture (missed about 2 as well).
Are any of them recorded?
Reply 148
ColdVein
Are any of them recorded?

All, thankfully :p:
Reply 149
lectures are for pussies
ricco
lectures are for pussies

Anything else to share?
Reply 151
Swayum get back on it. Year 2 is too early to slack. Year 3 is okay once you have your first in the bag already.
Reply 152
Did you guys know that the Economics department's tutor sends out e-mails with lots of cool opportunities (e.g. a chance to basically get a job at BCG Consulting if you're a top class second year student)? I'm subscribed to those e-mails because I do Maths + Economics, but while I was in the stats department, I knew nothing about this and got virtually no e-mails!

How about your departments?
Reply 153
What does top class mean?

4 firsts?
Reply 154
Original post by danny111
What does top class mean?

4 firsts?

"Boston Consulting Group: Recent LSE BSc Economics graduate at BCG writes to encourage academic high-fliers to get in touch with him about employment. As a guideline, second-year prize-winner level approximately. Write first to me [economics tutor]"

So a bit more than four Firsts, but reading it back again, I guess they must mean 3rd year students.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 155
More than prize winning level? Who do they think they are?
Reply 156
Original post by danny111
More than prize winning level? Who do they think they are?

Sorry, I meant more than 4 Firsts!
The Econ department gives out prizes to second years?
Reply 158
Original post by Swayum
Sorry, I meant more than 4 Firsts!

Lol okay.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 159
Original post by ColdVein
The Econ department gives out prizes to second years?

There are 3 LSE wide prizes for each year, but I think the economics department does something extra too (my friend got one for first year).
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending